SIGNED 2021: Audi E-Tron Premium Plus With Black Optic package 577 a month 2500 down

I’m jealous of your 10x charging speed

Oh wow. Yeah I’m going to get a couple more quotes for sure. I have the charging unit just sitting here, but I’m not in a super rush.

This is the quote I got. He didn’t include the wire, but is charging $3.75/foot and I’d probably need about 75-80ft worth.

Ouch. In the future, tell them the 14-50 is for an rv or a welder. Although the juice box kinda kills that. On the bright side, I believe you can get a tax credit for 30% of the install cost.

1 Like

Lmao yeah I’m going to park down the street next time. First thing the guy wanted to talk about was the car. I might just do that for the other quotes. Not mention that it’s specifically for an EV charger and just mount it myself later.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: So sorry… Kind of :sweat_smile:

Say it’s for a Nissan leaf. :grin:
:chocolate_bar:

2 Likes

haha true…the moment you say you need a 240V outlet in the garage, the immediate response is 'Congrats on the new Tesla :slight_smile: '…I was quoted - $1000, $700, $ 400 and $ 250…Getting mine installed next week and this is right next to the breaker box…

1 Like

$250 probably isn’t bad, even if it’s attached to the side of the box. Current electrical code requires a gfi breaker to be used if it’s in the garage(at least in places following the 2017 national code). That’s $100 by itself.

1 Like

I’ve been very happy with the ChargePoint Home Flex. My electrician installed it directly to panel with a 60amp breaker, so saved me $ not having to install outlet with outdoor rated box/cover. It has an internal GFCI.

2 Likes

I may change it later, but it will do for now. Audi wanted 300 for the housing and I jut couldn’t justify that. I was going to buy a charger but the one they gave me works great for now

4 Likes

That was one reason I wanted it for the $750 as part of the lease. You could buy the StealthHitch for $588 and find a trailer store to install it. Will save at least $700 unless you want the wiring kit and that will cost you a few more $ but all I wanted was the receiver for a bike rack.

1 Like

I chose specifically to have the outlet in case you ever need to swap out the box you can simply unplug it. My buddy had a JuiceBox that bricked on a firmware update and it was as simple as unplugging it instead of calling out an electrician again.

Is there a charging speed benefit to using something like the chargepoint? If not what is the benefit? Considering an e-tron and just wondering. Also does the federal tax credit still apply for the unit cost+installation?

If you hardwire the Chargepoint Flex you can get the fastest speed it offers. I live in NY and my utility gave me a $500 rebate on the unit so check with yours and then you can get the 30% Federal Rebate on installation too. Here is the chart for the unit on speed:

and look under " At which amperage should I install ChargePoint Home Flex?"

1 Like

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-232/oem-charging-box-outdoor-mounting-solution-during-charging-3015997/![IMG_1279|375x500](upload://thhf3VfWDYNP6CcLULJPM3xVkwK.jpeg)

On back order with no ETA unfortunately.

Man Should have know to check here. Thanks

The capitolized cost are 18000 is that from Audi or a trade in ?

A bunch of incentives from audi