Signed - 2020 Range Rover Evoque SE DEMO: 39/10k - $400 + tax, $1300 DAS MSRP $57,924 SoCal

Oh you answered my question above, I don’t see your post with your suggestions until after I posted. I get to 15% then it still seems high but I will try what you said. Thanks.

Unfortunately with a deal like this, three things are negotiable. The sale price, the residual, and the money factor. I posted the banks residual and MF, but with demo especially, the dealer will often adjust the residual lower to make up for the loaner miles. From my experience, the amount they lowered the residual varied from dealer to dealer, just as the amount they inflated the MF varied from dealer to dealer.

Ideally, all dealers would use the bank’s residual and MF, but that’s just not the way it is. On top of that, when a dealer calculates a lease and uses an inflated MF, it’s hard to convince them to lower it, as it makes them look a little sleazy for inflating it in the first place.

If youre on the west coast, SF has a pearl silver Evoque SE CPO on sale on their site for $46,561. The MSRP is $55,747. That’s 16.5% off. And that’s the advertised price… I’m sure someone could negotiate an even cheaper price. Take that to your dealer and ask if they can come up with a similar discount off MSRP on a demo. If the monthly is still high, ask to see the lease sheet. My guess is they are really inflating the MF and you’ll need to ask them if they can come closer to the bank rate (which I posted above).

1 Like

So you would pay $500+ Annual registration just to have a car for 3months?

$500? 3 months? What are you talking about?

He’s referring to a 39 month lease term. In CA, if you do a 39 month lease, you’re responsible for year 4 registration, which you only get to use for months 37, 38, and 39. That registration is going to cost you ~$500. One reason why leases in CA that are terms not divisible by 12 cost more than they seem.

Damn! Didn’t even think about that. Excellent point. 36 months is about $10 more per month, so it’s more like $150 extra for those three months… But it’s a valid point. Given that, Id suggest 36 months for those in CA.

I’m fleeing California in August. My wife’s registration expires at the end of June. I am not happy about having to pay CA registration for 1 month’s use.

And that’s why my brokers license is based in Montana. 1 of 3 brokers in the history of the state :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nice. Any issues with stupid neighbors reporting you? or insurance issues?

Nope, family has land in MT and it’s a legitimate business so we say the cars go back and forth. My Giulia is registered in CA, our other cars where sales tax and registration make a difference are not (although they are garage queens and run 11-99 plates to avoid being harassed).

Is this with a panoramic slider sunroof?