Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Kia Optima Special Edition
MSRP: $ 27795
Monthly Payment: $ 263.96
Drive-Off Amount: $ 1800
Months: 39
Annual Mileage: 15,000
Incentives: 4780 (I think)
Region: Northeast (NJ)

I know it may not be everyone’s cup of tea but I feel like I’ve gotten a solid deal on a very well equipped car. My wife loves the pano roof and dual exhaust haha.

If anyone is interested in analyzing the lease sheet let me know because I still don’t know what some of the numbers mean.

Is that a turbo?

I like this car. If I can’t work something out on a crossover and decide on the sedan route, this is one of two sedans I have in mind.

2 Likes

From Kia’s website, this trim has a 4cyl engine (not turbo) good for 185hp.
The 4cyl turbo, 245hp engine is available on the SX trim that has an MSRP of more than $32k.

1 Like

I’d try the same deal but on the turbo

Good luck. What makes you think you can get that same deal on a turbo with a higher MSRP?

1 Like

All they can say is no right?

Please Post the price sheet, may want to blackout personal data.

Created lease calculator based on Edmunds and OP. Got it close enough. We can compare once OP posts the deal information.

Sometimes Kia throws bigger incentives on the Turbo, possibly because they “move slower”. :grin:

So a little background on this deal:

I worked with a car broker named Rod from Autopia. I gave a $500 deposit to him a few days before to lock in the deal and then $1300 the day I picked up the car. I was in and out of the dealer within 40 minutes and couldn’t have been happier, especially with a screaming 22 month old child with me at the time of signing the deal.

Also, before working with Rod, I tried numerous times to work on an Optima SE deal through e-mail and even went in person to Gateway Kia (North Brunswick) and they were trying to bait and switch me into a less optioned S trim and my numbers were still nowhere close to this deal through Autopia. I highly recommend Autopia!

Guess you can’t add $500 paid to broker as DAS to figure out the lease payment.

Update the lease calculator above to reflect $500+ discount in selling price, higher dealer fees etc. & you will receive about the same payment.

EDIT: Also, the residual is at 49% not 55%.

1 Like

That is a rather hefty broker fee, but if you are happy with the end result that’s all that matters.

1 Like

Surely $1,800 was not all broker fee, was it?

$500 broker, $1,300 DAS

The $500 was actually a refundable deposit for the dealership the broker was working with to acquire the car from another dealership, or so I was told. Just checked my e-mails to confirm. could be a “broker fee” too idk…