Signed: 2020 Hyundai Ioniq SE, one pay 3380.61

almost signed, please let me know if you see any errors.
Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Hyundai Ioniq SE
MSRP: $34000
Selling Price: $31012
Monthly Payment: $ 0
Drive-Off Amount: $ 3380.61
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: 000700 one pay, .00110 otherwise
Residual: 49
After sale rebate: 2500 state credit.
Incentives: 11k lease cash, 1k event cash, 500 first responders, 2k dealer flex cash. total $14,500
Region:Ca, La
Leasehackr Score: 129.2
Effective monthly cost $27-$48 without and with transport.
Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

After my wife’s BMW had catastrophic engine failure, leaving us short $9000 we were looking for a hardcore deal. Finding this site and seeing the incredible deals got me truly inspired, so I decided to buy a car 2000 miles away that I’ve never drove before. Hyundai does not offer the ioniq EV in Louisiana, so I found a dealership in California that would do an out of state lease, as most of the dealerships were not interested in doing one out of state. The dealership has tight restrictions and can only allow 17 people in the dealership an many other issues spawning from that, so to put it in the nicest way possible it was very difficult for them get things done. I had been working on this deal for over a week, and of course any actual financial work comes down to the last hour of the last day of the year. One of the four salespeople I had been passed around to had given me a quote on a one pay that was so cheap I couldn’t understand it, it was too good to be true. Of course when the finance manager looks at it they cant honor it. He did offer me 2000 extra flex cash for my troubles, and because I think they might expire, but it was on a different color, because the one I wanted was not in inventory long enough to qualify for the extra flex cash. He said he could date everything on the 31st and we will pick up things today E signing, and overnighting the other documents needed. My goal is to apply for my states $2500 tax credit for the 2020 year.

I still have to pay $844 to get it transported, and I would have liked to not have had to pay California tax, but the dealer was not sure a way around it, and said it’s possible I may get reimbursed from Hyundai. Good thing is my state does offer a transfer credit, so hopefully I won’t have to pay any additional taxes. If I was able to just pay sales tax in my state it would have been much cheaper because it will be taxed after incentives. Also im not 100% I will get the state credit, but should, its reimbursment for any money towards alternitive fuels. I also need to look into the bonus drive.

UPDATE: They are overnighting the documents, they were not able to get their e-sign working for out of state. I questioned why the rebates and lease cash did not reduce the cap cost, and they told me that they don’t do that with a one pay. The math adds up, but no where in the lease does it say “one pay”, and it says 36 payments of 1800, which would be 65k, but doesn’t add up to that anywhere‘s else. I just wish it would say zero monthly payments, or 36 payments of zero dollars, but they said they could not do that.

Did you end up signing this deal?

You are signing a contract that legally obligates you to pay 35 payments of $1870.

One of two things will happen here; either hyundai will reject the contract or you will be on the hook for a metric shit ton of money. I’m guessing the former as the contract amounts don’t actually add up correctly.

You’re opening yourself up to a gigantic headache with this.

2 Likes

my guy bought a taycan through hyundai finance.

3 Likes

Perhaps a better way to put this… are you willing to risk $65,000 that the dealer somehow has written up a contract that doesn’t actually have to be followed?

I said the same yesterday. Don’t sign something like this. If they cannot even get their simple math right I wouldn’t have engaged in this. I’m surprised their software actually allows the sheet to be printed out without the fields balancing!

If this does work out for you in the end congrats as you made a great purchase.