Signed: 2020 Hyundai Ioniq EV, Limited -- Eff. Monthly: $161.83 / Leasehackr Score: 20.1 yrs

Hi all - Excited to have signed a lease this week on a Hyundai Ioniq EV, Limited trim (full electric) at Burns Hyundai in Marlton, NJ. Effective monthly payment: $161.83. Leashackr score from the calculator: 20.1 years. (These are both counting the $4,250 ChargeUp NJ state rebate, which you have to file for separately. Bear in mind, you have to both live in NJ and buy in NJ to qualify.)

Even without the state rebate, my eff. monthly would still only be $279.89 and my leasehackr score would still be 11.7 years. This is for a car with sunroof, “leather,” seat memory, nav, apple carplay, a cool built-in qi wireless phone charger, and 3 year free subscription to app-connected services like remote start and ability to send map destinations direct to the car nav system. Very cool!

I managed to get the dealer down to a roughly 8% dealer discount, and there was also a $10,000 dealer-cash rebate from Hyundai. The sales manager at Burns said they’re open to Leasehackr folks contacting them to do similar aggressive deals, although they couldn’t guarantee they’d automatically do 8% for everyone. I think your best bet is to contact them before end of month. Ask for Matt Herring; call 856 449-8909 and please tell him Andy Wagner referred you.

If you can’t reach Matt you can also call the main line and ask for Vanessa.

I’m new to driving a full electric and I don’t even have a viable grounded outlet in my garage yet, but so far it hasn’t been a problem. Max. range is 170 miles on this car with a full charge. I’ve been running short errands all week and playing with the features, then spent a few hours on the road for work on Friday, all without charging. Just spent 30 minutes plugged in at the DC fast-charge station at my local Target last night and added 86 miles of range to the car for under $9, which although slower than a gas fill-up, is at least cost-competitive with my prior gas car on a mile-per-mile basis. Once I have an outlet at home I doubt I’ll ever charge in public again unless going on a road trip.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Hyundai Ioniq EV, Limited
MSRP: $39,570
Monthly Payment: $199
Drive-Off Amount: $3,111
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: .00126
Residual: $19,785 (50%)
Incentives: $10,000 mfr rebate, $4,250 NJ ChargeUp state rebate
Region: Northeast (NJ)
Leasehackr Score: 20.1 years
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

5 Likes

Congrats on a great deal. NJ really leads the way with no sales tax and a very generous rebate on EVs. Great time to take advantage of this!

2 Likes

Congratulations, its a great deal. Ioniq has pretty good self driving system. If I had not gotten Bolt, I would go for Ioniq. Enjoy the electric car, there is a small learning curve.
Try to find level 2 charger if you can near you or even get it installed at home. I charged my car the other day. yes it takes time but its dirt cheap. 7 hours of charging total 45KWh for only $4.55.
I think Ioniq has 39KWh battery. So full charge would be even cheaper.

1 Like

It’s crazy the difference a year makes. Especially in NJ with no sales tax, makes a Bolt seem like a bit of a better choice payment wise…even though these are a bit roomier.

Yeah I agree, the Bolt is a great option too and maybe even cheaper, especially if you have Costco — plus it’s certainly got better acceleration — but no sunroof option and in my opinion the seats are not nearly as comfortable. Plus I’m just not an American car guy at heart. Either way, though, great deals all around!

Yea I couldn’t get a bolt…I got two Ioniqs last year limited for $149, and lower trim for $89 bucks. Sold both to vroom few weeks back for 3k profit each.

P.S., going with the SE instead of Limited probably shaves off about $55 or $60 a month but I really think the limited trim is worth it.

Congrats! That’s great! …Hey wait, though, doesn’t NJ come looking for their $4,250 back if you don’t keep the car for the whole 3 years of the lease term? Or did you swing that deal last year without the NJ rebate?

I did those in NY the deals in Jersey were even better.

Don’t forget to apply for the (now) $250 Bonus Drive check. Apply through AllState (don’t have to be a member).

Thanks for the tip! I would have missed that.

1 Like

Nice deal. Is 8% the best they willing to do?

Can you post a scan/photo of your complete “New Jersey Lease” contract (personal information redacted, of course)?

Your deal represents a pretty heavy dealer discount. I’m offering these “no-negotiation” for $48/month more and the dealers are complaining to me left and right about how they’re losing money.

Your deal doesn’t seem impossible, but it seems “Unrealistic without putting in a fight”.

Can we see the proof?

I don’t think the margins are so tight on the Limited trim. It’s only the SE that’s so tight.

Did NY come after you in regards to those Rebates?

Sure thing. Hopefully I’m not mis-representing the deal. See attached. The Lease contract values are confusing to me, but I know I put down $3,111 counting the first payment, and will have 35 more payments of $199.

I will say, the sales manager said he wouldn’t go this low for just anyone, and I’m aware of only one person who came along after my post to do a deal here and this person let me know they didn’t get all the way down to 8% discount (but did beat the other dealer they had been with previously).

I know I’m not a master negotiator so I may have just gotten really lucky. I came to them and in all honesty without bluffing explained that I was in love with a gas-powered stick shift from another make, and truly didn’t like the look of the Ioniq (which I don’t, though it’s growing on me), and I basically asked them to convince me on price alone to buy a car I don’t like. I think he could tell I was being honest on that point and not just shopping around between different Hyundai dealers for a car I was already committed to; maybe that did the trick…

They didn’t and I don’t think they will. The rebate was 2k and it was given to the dealer not me. Dealer passes it on obviously, but it’s sitting in a bank account. Worst case scenario they want the 2k and I still made 1k per car.

And what about the additional $1100 NYS Clean Rebate?

There is $1375 between Sticker and Invoice on a Ioniq EV Limited MSRP of $39,610. (3.47% margin)

Employees/Hyundai Circle could get another $829.23 off.

@wagnerandy’s deal is $914.51 cheaper than employee pricing.

Goes to show you I’m not bluffing when I say sometimes customers that are persistent get better deals than even dealer employees.

Congratulations and enjoy the car! I look forward to being able to lower the prices on these for all next month.

1 Like

Yea that’s what I’m saying I am pretty sure NYS was 2k at the time.