Signed: 2020 GR Supra $570.55+tax/mo, $2k DAS

As big as a fan I as I am of the new supra/Z4, that video is only roll racing. In a standing start the outcome would probably be significantly different.

Same hereā€¦This car is pretty incredible for the money, but now is certainly not the time to try and even get a reasonable deal on one. After the dust settles out in a year or twoā€¦

I think a lot of the automotive journalists have been wonderingā€¦

Did they really up the power on the 2021 supra as much as claimed, or was it making the 380 hp all along just like the Z4? The test numbers on the supra would seem to indicate that more than 335 crank horsepower is available.

Hardly a valid comparison. Iā€™m sure a tuned and adjusted C8 would take out a Supra as well.

Whatā€™s the point of debating non-stock vs stock cars? Almost any sport car can be made up to be ā€œbetterā€ than a stock sports car with factory settings.

2 Likes

Also why yā€™all acting like youā€™re actually going to tune a leased car and take it to the drag strip or run it on the streets against a C8/M3?

Maybe my 16 year old self would drool over the thought of that, but I havenā€™t been interested in something like that since F&F1 came out:

8 Likes

I have your permission? Sweet!

Lol right Iā€™m not going to be drag racing. Just enjoy someā€¦erā€¦ā€spiritedā€ driving.

1 Like

Haha sorry that wasnā€™t meant directly for you. Itā€™s for our friends flexing 0-60 times

Congrats on the new car! Enjoy it in good health

They were being so precious about it. Maybe if Iā€™m a teenager in the dealership with my parent but still thereā€™s a right way and a wrong way to do things.

None of us have ever done thatā€¦:japanese_ogre:

Juicebox FTW on the BMWs!

3 Likes

Internet showing offšŸ˜.

In seriousness, it can be a bit interesting as it reveals which cars, in their stock form, have the most untapped potential. There have been some cars in the history of automotive manufacturing that have been so overdesigned from the factory that incredible power gains are possible without a lot of effort or $.

2 Likes

Reminds me of a story from a number of years ago-----

A guy who was dressed rather casually (perhaps even scraggly), walked into an exotic car dealership and they totally blew him off as a tire kicker (to the point of being rude). That particular street had a few such dealerships on it, so he walked across the street and bought two and made sure the first dealership was aware of this as the cars were taken off the lot!

The point is, you never really knowā€¦

Yes, that story is all true.

2 Likes

Ima popping map hoods on the lambos at the dealership from now on.

3 Likes

Yupā€¦and she also had the Lotus EspritšŸ˜

1 Like

Iā€™m glad you like the car. Because I hate to break this to you. But the reason they wanted to stop you from popping the hood is because if you did, you would have noticed it was a BMW underneath. So you got had! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For apples to apples, a stage 2 (which is what the supra is running) on an m4 will put you at >550 hp and will absolutely destroy the supra.

Absolutely. The only way it is reasonable to compare a modified supra with an M4 is when the M4 is stock :-).

Cool story, brosā€¦ but thatā€™s not what this sub is for.