Signed: 2020 BMW M550i ($586 inc tax) pic added

Not the best setting but here she is.

12 Likes

Pretty car, and great deal, congrats!

Severely testing my patience to sit on my hands and wait for my C43 lease to be up, hoping the programs for the M550 don’t change too much in the next few months.

1 Like

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I wish NY would allow MSD! Hell of a deal Ed!

1 Like

Beautiful car, great deal! Congrats!

1 Like

Those rims though. Watch out for potholes

1 Like

Encinitas or Vista?

Encinitas, but they are effectively the same dealer. Neither famed for amazing deals, but they were great with me, Ardy was the salesman and he never stopped trying and was always clear with communication and very responsive.

1 Like

I wonder how the conversation went
Sales: it will be $1060 a month
Ed: half that or no deal!
Sales: fine

12 Likes

Congrats! That’s an amazing deal!

1 Like

Just went to BMW Encinitas to test drive a 540 a couple of days ago. Made an appointment with your salesman (Ardy) in advance, only to be stood up when I was already there with my wife and son. Literally, got an email saying “oh I am too busy today, can we reschedule, since you are not buying the car on the spot”. Seriously??? Totally unprofessional - never even came out to apologize to my face. Other salesmen running around like chickens with heads cut off, nobody knows anything. Finally some other guy came out and said that they don’t even have a 540 available at the time, lol. Luckily I had a printout of the stock from their website from the same morning with TWO 540’s listed. He went to check and came back saying that one is driven by the manager’s wife right now, and the other is “on the other lot” (So??? it is not available for sale??? idiots.). Screw these jerks, I will not give them my money even if they are half the price of the next dealer.

7 Likes

Congrats Ed! Good times for Liverpool as well!

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Which soccer team do you support?

Did you want to get one of their 540 demos? I don’t think that the deals on their demos are very good. I talked to their GM today and he told me that “today only” he was doing 12% off on any non- M model they had in stock regardless if it’s new or demo. If i was you I would negotiate a deal over the phone and just go to sign the paperwork and pick up the car. You can test drive it anywhere.

Awesome car and deal.

I can’t even get sub $599 pre-tax on a 530i loaner with $3K DAS and no MSDs.

Absolutely brutal here in Illinois / Wisconsin.

1 Like

To make you feel better in AZ I was recently quoted 841 bucks with 3K DAS on a 2019 64K MSRP 540i.

It’s brutal out there and I would consider myself a seasoned lease customer.

Not like this is my first rodeo, the dealerships just aren’t budging.

Hang in there, hopefully 2020 will be better for us WI and AZ peeps.

At least California is an easy drive from Arizona. You can probably get something from NY/NJ. Looks like the east coast brokers have some solid deals.

I’m sorry to hear that, it was not my experience although I would never ever go to a car dealer to test a car and tell them you are not going to buy it there. But each to their own. I never went into their dealer until I picked up the car, and had it been in LA I would have had them deliver it. Car dealers this time of year are a total sh*t show anyway, people running around trying to hit numbers.

I hope you find the car you are looking for, good luck with the hunt.

I made an appointment a week in advance, and the time was suggested by him (Ardy) not me. I also made it explicitly clear that this is just for a test drive, and I would be placing a custom order in March, for delivery in May-June. No misunderstanding whatsoever. I also never said that I would be placing the order elsewhere - in fact, I was fully expecting to give them my business, since I already bought one BMW from them (completely different experience though, back before they were an Autonation dealership). And I don’t care how busy you are, it is unprofessional to cancel an appointment when your guest already showed up. It is just rude, plain and simple.

I wasn’t interested in buying a car on the spot, and I told them that very clearly, before the appointment was made. I am planning to order one sometime in March. And yes, I went to BMW of San Diego the next morning and test drove one with zero drama. Several salesmen greeted me as soon as I walked through the door, even though they all knew I was there for test drive only. Night and day.