Signed 2020 BMW 740i Loaner - $93k MSRP - 28% off - 36/10 - $598+tax - $0 DAS - NO MSDs - Shipping Included

No real technique or secret per se. I just perused True Car to find the cars I liked, and started cold emailing a bunch of dealers. What I did do, which I think helped, is I visited each dealer’s website and tried to find an employee to directly email so my first email to them was somewhat personable. In the end, no dealer really stood out as worth approaching over others. It was just a matter of numbers until a couple of dealers were willing to play ball and not laugh at my 25%+ discount request.

1 Like

Congrats! Now I’m feeling a bit nostalgic over the brown 3-series brass hat car I leased a few years ago. That was when @loberant posted his epic demo spreadsheet.

2 Likes

Thank you, @Michael!

WOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!
Man !!! that is a super deal!!!
I wish I could have one of this deal ~~~
I envy you so much~~~~ LOL

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry on RWD. Live in Denver, have xIce on my 530e and ground clearance is a bigger concern than traction in the snow.

1 Like

No wonder you got such a good deal, you’d be hard lucked to find any RWD “non-M-BMW” (& it’s buyer) on this side of the country! Dealers barely have any 7 series models in stock let alone a RWD 740! Enjoy it!!

1 Like

Counterpoint on RWD on this vehicle in the winter.

I have a RWD 750i in Ohio, and it’s absolutely the worst car I’ve ever driven in snow. In my entire life. If there’s a light dusting on the road, we don’t even back it out of the garage.

I’ve been working from home for more than a decade (so I don’t have to leave the house much) and we also have an AWD SUV, so I don’t regret getting a RWD 7 for that reason, however the 750 has too much power to deliver to just two wheels, so I do wish I’d spent the extra money on AWD for this reason. This isn’t a factor for the 740, however.

4 Likes

Does it have the 20 inch wheels with performance tires?

1 Like

No, it has 19s with whatever runflats were standard on the 2019.

2 Likes

You think that’s a lot? Try 700+ stock and 850 modded. Absolutely a nightmare.

To be fair though all seasons are garbage, winter tires do the job a whole heck of a lot better.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a lot, but I know it’s way too much. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah I think the fact that I found a RWD unit at an east coast dealer definitely helped. Probably made sense they ended up selling to a California customer. Of course in Los Angeles, RWD is more than fine and the stock Pirellis that come with the car are perfect. I do wish it was xDrive only for the quicker acceleration though - the RWD is definitely a lot slower than all of my recent past cars (540i, 440i, etc.). The xDrive would probably be right on par with those.

It’s the size of the car moreso than awd, rwd is faster from 30+ because it doesn’t have the bulky awd system.

The 7 series drives best with the 50 engine, the 60 engine is overkill imo but a beast and a blast.

Yean in California, arizona, florida, etc etc rwd is fine.

1 Like

That’s true. While the RWD is slower on takeoff, after 40-50 MPH this thing is pretty darn quick. I routinely find myself in 3-digit speeds without even realizing. Kinda scary. I can only imagine and dream of what the 750i xDrive feels like!

The 40 is solid, don’t get me wrong.

I think the 40 is perfect for the 3 and the 5 but a bit on the lighter side for the 7 series… however a jb4 can fix that.

The 50 is overkill in the 3 and the 5 but the sweet spot in the 7.

1 Like

740 is plenty for daily driving. It is smooth, light and picks up quick

750 you can feel the weight difference but boy is that engine fun

50 is overkill for daily driving but it’s what I would want to have. A car like the x7 m50i is mind bending because it feels heavy like a tank but flies like a rocket

1 Like

The m760 is a real head scratcher when the 750 is fast enough already.

1 Like

Status vehicle. But I think they’re doing away with it?

1 Like