SIGNED: 2020 BMW 330ix Demo - $52.5K MSRP - Effective Monthly $407 w/tax $0 Drive Off 36/10 - $14,652 One Pay

This is a deal that I signed about 3 weeks ago but I’ve been slacking on posting it until now.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 BMW 330ix Demo
MSRP $52,490
Selling Price: $42,900
Monthly Payment: One Pay or $407 w/tax
Drive Off Amount: $14,652 or $0
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10K
MF: .00082
Residual: 58%
Incentives: $2750 (Conquest, Lease Cash, OL ($500), Penfed)
Region: NE
Leasehackr Score: 11.3
Leasehackr Calculator Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=BMW&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=52490&sales_price=42900&months=36&mf=.00082&dp=0&dealer_fee=465&acq_fee=925&taxed_inc=2750&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=58&reg_fee=200&sales_tax=6.25&demo_mileage=4670&memo=&acqFee_check=true&monthlyTax_radio=true&bmw_onePay=true

I’m grateful to everyone for all of the advice given and knowledge gained through this forum. After a lot of back and forth and a few misunderstandings, I was able to strike what I feel like is a very solid deal (came out to 18.3% pre-incentive). I know a lot of people here are against one pay, but personally I find it very satisfying to not have a monthly payment.

4 Likes

2 Likes

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a one pay. I have done them before as well. I am also one who enjoys the subjective benefits of not having to write a check each month.

Also, I believe with the current MSD arrangement (after BMWs recent changes), no longer does doing 7 MSD result in a lower money factor than simply doing a one pay. I believe the one pay is now slightly better.

1 Like

Your effective pmt may actually be $407 if your one pay was $14,652?

$14,652 / 36 = $407?

Oops wrong math. Just fixed it.

Yep, I love not having to write that monthly check. I also try to do the same for my insurance policy and pay for 6 months at a time. On top of not having monthly payments, it also lowers my premium by over 10%. Might as well do that if I have the cash lying around.

You can set up autopay on BMWFS’s website, so I don’t really understand the ‘writing checks’ thing. Nothing wrong with One Pay, though. Strong deal! Welcome to the G20 family :grinning:

4 Likes

Great deal.

I think one reason to avoid one-pay is if the car gets totaled the next day, you would not lose the whole DAS amount?

Congrats on the car! Very rare to see a one-pay deal on here, so thanks for sharing that. I’m also curious - what happens if you total the car the next day after you sign? Is your entire one-pay out the door essentially if the payoff amount is way more than the market value (which I’m assuming 9/10 times it will be)? Or is there some type of GAP-equivalent coverage for a one-pay lease to protect lessees?

1 Like

With BMWFS and most other FS’s my understanding it’s prorated, so that you receive your unused portion back.

1 Like

Great deal. Congrats and enjoy the car!

1 Like

Disclaimer: the below contains assumptions to the best of my knowledge but may need correcting.

I think the key is probably in the way that the agreement is written up. If you put money down as cap cost reduction (CCR), that’s where you get in hot water if your vehicle is totaled. CCR is not considered in the equation when calculating the difference between vehicle value and payoff amount (covered by GAP).

In a one-pay scenario, I don’t think the agreement is structured where your payment is treated as CCR. I imagine the one-pay dollars are placed in something like an escrow account for regular withdrawal, since the bank doesn’t receive the full amount until lease term. You’re still charged some amount of interest (probably a rent charge, too) so it’s not like the bank receives the full amount upfront as a quick cash injection. The dealer’s finance folks gotta make their $$ somehow.

So in the event your vehicle is toast, I imagine the outcome would be the same as if you didn’t one-pay, unless your agreement shows some portion of that toward CCR (which would make no sense). You’d get your remaining payments back and the agreement would terminate, just like it would if you were paying monthly.

I’ve never executed a one-pay, so please correct me if the above assumptions are wrong.

1 Like

Sounds correct to me for BMW.

1 Like

Its a totally subjective thing. There is a psychological benefit to some (myself included) for not having to “deal” with the payments each month.

1 Like

With a 1 pay, you will see a credit in your bmwfs account from day 1.
Every month, bmw will pull the $400~ from that and it will zero out at 36 months.

If the car is totalled or stolen, the lease terminates, and the credit balance at that time is returned to the customer.

The only downside is the same as MSDs when you want to try to transfer the lease. The credit in the account follows the car.

5 Likes

Nice summary.

If one pre-pays payments on a standard lease, the credit will track the same as the one-pay.

The def downside is if one wants to do a transfer. Most people will be less interested in a lump sum takeover vs. taking over payments.

2 Likes

I the same way, but it’s really so easy setting up auto pay thru BMWFS or your own bank. I used Chase and make my payments thru my phone. I have everything at my fingertips

If you have the BMW connected app, you’ll also get alerts of payments there. Pops up right on your phone.

Set up auto pay and be done

1 Like

But its one more thing I have to enter into my checkbook each month :slight_smile:

No matter how diligent I am, every few months when I reconcile it, its always off :slight_smile:

1 Like

If this was signed in Dec, the overall lease cost for onepay actually is higher than doing 7 MSDs as the MF reduction is .0003 vs .00035.

1 Like

Yup…With the new program the one pay now actually makes for a lower overall cost✔️. So, it’s finally makes sense in other words, LOL

1 Like