Signed: 2020 Acura RDX A-spec

Hey now, let’s not open that can of worms!

2 Likes

That is a nice looking car. You had a model in mind and did the best you can given the timing and locale. That is what is important. My wife also wanted a RDX last 2 times so it was up to me to find the best deal within 100 miles radius. Don’t worry about the naysayers. A new model year car typically don’t lease well and I think you did well. I am in Social and the tax rate is one of the highest in the nation. I aways look at the lease price at other Social deals and know most of time, it wouldnt apply to me.

And finally, if someone tells you that Acura is juat a Honda, then you can tell them that Cadillac is just a Chevy and Lexus is just a Toyota.

Stay safe.

I think of our Lexus as a Toyota minus the staggering exhilaration.

2 Likes

You forgot Infiniti being a Nissan and Audi a Volkswagen, but yes! It is a patter, you are so smart!

Your patter leaves something to be desired.

:bat:

2 Likes

Rolls Royce is a BMW and Lamborghini is just a VW. This guy is on to something.

1 Like

Not quite… those are fully independent platforms :wink:

or is a Mercedes a Smart? no.

Mercedes owns smart… so maybe a smart is a Mercedes

The fact that two brands share a corporate parent doesn’t make their products interchangeable.

1 Like

The RR sedans share are a platform w/ the 7-series, and the Lambos share are a platform w/ Audi (but not w/ VW). Porsche probably has the highest number of independent platforms, but that only applies to the 718 and 911 and whatever variants of those they might make.

This is the dumbest comparison ever, they’re not even the same product.

Everyone knows ACURA, LEXUS and INFINITI share the same platforms/powertrains/components with their HONDA, TOYOTA and NISSAN counterparts. It makes no sense for them not to, honestly. That’s why the germans are superior, their superior DNA runs deep within, it’s not borrowed DNA from a lesser product upgraded to steal marketshare form a superior product.

Uhh… the new RDX is on its own platform. It isn’t shared with any Honda vehicles.

2 Likes

Nobody can hear us, bruvver.

An RDX is basically a 2004 CRV with crappy rims according to this thread.

Excuse me while I run out to get that superior CLA

1 Like

Sure - it’s the first vehicle to use the platform, it’s not shared with any other Acuras or Hondas…because it’s their new architecture. Good marketing scheme pioneering the new architecture with the the most important vehicle for the brand right now, give 4 years, and all the Honda’s and Acura’s will be riding on it. Think of the CLAR in the 7 series, that trickled down to all other models in their line up. I’m concerned you don’t know this as this is common knowledge, considering you’re a Trusted Hackr, concerning. We need true car enthusiasts, not brand fans.

Would you rather get an ILX? I didn’t think so.

There is nothing “concerning” about a trusted hackr making a factually correct statement about the topic at hand. Fact is, the RDX is not currently on a shared platform, and you trying to speculate about future work is asinine. Take the attitude elsewhere.

2 Likes

So what current Honda uses the RDX platform again?

Those are the only two choices in life?

It’s literally on the article, first of many vehicles.

$47k for something with a honda civic engine? oh lord.