Signed: 2020 Acura RDX A-spec

Where are you finding new Audi Etron for $600/mo, inclusive of tax?

A-spec is definitely dope, happy wife happy life what to complain here. Cong!

Not even close. Captives in Texas will have tax credits usually once a year, meaning you only pay 1.25% of the sales price in tax.

That’s nothing compared to almost 20% of the payment in Chicago

A large part of the pain here is the extra 10%+ tax due to this being in Chicago. That’s unavoidable with any brand and will make any payment seem higher. Part of why one can’t directly compare monthly payments without having the whole story.

Near 5% means that Acura doesn’t subvene their rates like other brands. Instead, on many of their vehicles, they offer SIGNIFICANT incentives. Doesn’t really matter if the brand buys down the mf or puts the money towards incentives instead.

The RDX, being the hot, “new” model doesn’t get near as much incentives as stuff like the TLX and the MDX.

hella rebates right now… and like @max_g who knows everything, tax credits :blush: just gotta take advantage on the one month they’re available, and better hope the rebates are good :rofl:

So you’re referring to things that are available in your state, which are not available to the OP since the OP lives in IL…

1 Like

No - I’m referring to the payment, 550 for a honda on a lease is criminal.

2 Likes

All leases in Chicago are higher than average due to the tax situation. You can’t directly compare to other regions.

1 Like

I disagree, you can compare them quite closely…

If that had been leased in TX, they would pay 75$ per month in taxes, which is about 20 bucks less than OP is paying now.

so let me fix my statement, “No - I’m referring to the payment, 530 for a honda on a lease is criminal.”

Now it’s politically and mathematically accurate.

1 Like

Yes, normalizing for taxes (and differences in incentives/other lease terms as applicable) makes things much more comparable.

We get a lot of people that come on here, see a monthly payment posted somewhere and try to apply that to all situations, totally ignoring the differences. Identifying them is important for the greater audience.

2 Likes

Your original argument remains invalid.

$447 with 1k DAS before taxes is nowhere near similarly equipped X5 or Etron money

1 Like

Unless I missed something, OP said this is an Acura.

You’re kind of invalidating your own point by citing the incorrect make of car repeatedly. Honda does not even have a version of the RDX.

:bat:

3 Likes

You must be fun at parties…

2h I’d read time and he’s already a pro!

1 Like

Due to my literacy or insistence on reality?

Ain’t many parties right now anyway, friend. Also, your opinion of me literally couldn’t mean less.

:face_vomiting:

1 Like

Aren’t Acura’s just cuter Hondas? Lmao

For a community of vehicle enthusiasts, this forum has a hard time with brands.

Here’s an easy way to tell:

• If the emblem says “Honda,” it’s a Honda.
  • If the emblem says “Acura,” it’s an Acura.
  • If the emblem says “AMG,” it’s an AMG.

There’s a pattern here.
:bat:

Only if it’s the emblem on the engine plaque with the name of the person who put it together.

3 Likes

It might be just marketing-speak, but Acura has said that the RDX has a bespoke platform. ::shrug::

Even if it DOES share a platform w/ a CR-V, the engine, transmission, 4WD system, and interior are totally different. Has a very different stance on the road, too, so I imagine you’d be hard pressed to detect the similarities.