Signed: 2020 Acura MDX SH-AWD with Tech Package (MSRP $52,925, $505/mo, with tax credits and dealer adds)

Reached out to every dealer in Dallas area, and this was the best deal I could get. They all had tax credits on all Acura models. Residual is a bit low at 51%, but as there is a possibility we might keep the vehicle, that did not bother us. Unfortunately every dealer around had ~$1k in dealer adds. This particular vehicle had nitrogen, tinted windows, wheel locks, ‘paint protection’, and all weather mats. No dealer would budge on their add-ons.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Acura MDX SH-AWD with Tech Package
MSRP: $52,925
Selling Price: $44,784.06 (includes $1k dealer addons)
Monthly Payment: $ 505.00
Drive-Off Amount: $ 505.00 (first month)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: .00015 (0.36%)
Residual: 51% ($26,991.75)
Incentives: $1500 Loyalty / Conquest, tax credits to reduce taxes from 6.25% to 1.20% (worth $2,000+)
Region: Texas
Leasehackr Score: 8.9
Leasehackr Calculator Link: (I tried to input everything the best I can hopefully it is correct): leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Acura&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=52925&sales_price=44784.06&months=36&mf=.00015&dp=0&dealer_fee=150&acq_fee=595&taxed_inc=1500&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=51&reg_fee=193&sales_tax=1.2&demo_mileage=0&memo=&sellingPriceTax_radio=true&cap_tax=true&bmw_demo_25=true&dealerFee_check=false&govFee_check=false

2 Likes

Congrats and thanks for sharing

How much direct to dealer incentive is rolled into the selling price?

I believe dealer lease incentive is around $3400 currently. Not to mention the stupid low money factor.

Gotcha. So 9% pre-incentive as a comparison point

Thanks for posting? Do you know if they were offering something similar for a TLX? Emailed a few dealers after reading your post :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yikes, the 2020s are still only going for 8-9% off pre-incentives?

You can’t do that unless. The dealer adds are NOT residualized. You’re paying $1000/36 plus rent charge plus tax for them.

*unless the dealer didn’t charge for them, but sounds like they did

I’m well aware of the BS that are dealer adds. But it was part of the selling price, so either I can say the selling price includes dealer adds, or I can say it doesn’t and that the tint/ all weather mats / etc were included for free. Either way the selling price of the vehicle is the same.

Maybe i will keep the all weather mats in 3 years (just as a matter of principle since I paid for them in full), who knows. But yes 9% off pre-incentive was after $1k of dealer adds. So if someone is lucky to find a dealer without them, then I suppose you can get 11% off pre-incentive.

Note the lease incentive is $3400 + low MF while the purchase incentive is $5500 if you finance at 4.9% through AFS, so if it hadn’t been for the tax credits there is no way this lease would have worked. But this lease was for my father who started off really wanting to buy a Honda Pilot, so considering the circumstances this was the best option available.

The way I figure it is that this lease will cost $18,180 over the next 3 years, with a residual value of $27,000 if he decides to keep it after that. Compared to other options on the market, this was by far the most attractive option.

Adding the value to the msrp would residualize it. Adding it to the selling price doesn’t.

2 Likes

You are correct. Vodka makes my lease math go wonky :laughing:

We’ve all been there