Signed: 2019 MB CLS450 (demo) $89K MSRP, $779/mo $1K DAS + $9K MSD

I couldn’t find enough reference points to negotiate this deal, but I wanted this car and dealer’s earnest offer seemed fair for a 2019 demo (~1600 miles).

Details are in the calculator, but I had to slightly tweak the MF ( 0.00074 instead of supposed 0.00073) to match actual payments. It was an out-of-state deal, so I’m paying registration fees independently, but taxes are included accurately.

I hope this helps anyone else in the market for a CLS. It’s odd how tightly some dealers are still holding on to their 2019 units. It might be worth waiting to see if bigger incentives are coming–unless you can find a demo like this one right now.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2019 MB CLS450 4MATIC
MSRP: $88,990
Selling Price: $69,988
Monthly Payment: $779 (tax incl)
Drive-Off Amount: $948 + $9,000 MSD
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: 0.00073
Residual: 51%
Incentives: None applied
Region: So-Cal
Leasehackr Score: 10 years
Leasehackr Calculator Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Mercedes-Benz&miles=12000&msd=10&msrp=88988&sales_price=69988&months=36&mf=.00074&dp=0&dealer_fee=156&acq_fee=1095&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=51&reg_fee=0&sales_tax=8.375&demo_mileage=1600&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

3 Likes

Excellent job! Dealers were treating these like unicorns a couple months ago

I’m really curious to see how hard/easy it is for you to register this in CA. Please keep us updated with the reg process.

I actually got this in CA, registered in NV.

Oh ok. Nevermind my question then.

This is a good deal. I’ve leased every CLS body style and the 2019 redesign has been very difficult to get dealers to budge on price. Best I’ve seen are 12-15 percent discounts, but unfortunately these dealers mark up the mf and play games with the line items so the discount really isn’t as appealing as it seems. Also it looks like they marked up your acquisition fee.

Post the photo when you get a chance. :grinning:

Why is the CLS so hard to get a good deal on? It seems like you get a 7 series or S class for a better discount?

There is still some perceived demand for the new design, I suppose.

One could probably hack an S450 or a 740i for this price, but personally, I prefer the size and ride of the CLS over any other MB or BMW sedan. Their bigger sedans are too cumbersome and their sportier ones are too tiresome for daily driving. Oh, and it looks fantastic!

1 Like