Signed: 2019 MB C300 Sport AWD 4matic CPO loaner $6,311 single pay, 24 months 7.5K

MSRP: $61,565
Sale Price: $44,991
Prepaid Maintenance: Dealer said PPM couldn’t be residualized for this vehicle, so declined.
MF: 0.00102 (Marked up from 0.00072)
Acquisition Fee: $1095 (Marked up from $795)
Single Pay to bring MF down by 0.00080, final MF 0.00022
Bonus Cash: $1000 from pop-up store
Miles per year: 7.5 K
Lease term: 24 months
Residual: 64.96% after reduction for 6210 miles

Single payment of $6311.13 at signing (Calculator Link).

Packages/ Options: Head-Up Display, 10.25" Center Display, 12.3" Digital Instrument Cluster, 64-Color Ambient Lighting, AMG Line Exterior, AMG Line Interior, AMG® Body Styling, Burmester Premium Sound System, Navigation, Wireless Charging, Leather Seating Package, Night Package, Panorama Sunroof, DISTRONIC, Bunch of Active Assists, Touchpad.

Thanks to everyone who helped answer my questions when I initially posted in Ask the Hackrs. Special mention to KeenLeasing for his write-up on MB single pay lease and also quick responses to my questions over PMs.

1 Like

Is this vehicle a loaner, or a is it a CPO, meaning that it was previously sold and titled to an independent third party and is now actually a “used car”? I am asking because I am looking for examples of dealers who will lease a used car.

Carfax shows this vehicle was not titled to individual.

Do the math. Paying MSRP for the PPM while residualizing it vs paying OOP for 10k and 20k services

Thanks. Any advise on getting the dealer to use buy rate and base acquisition fee?

How about trying to get a little more discount on sales price to offset that marked up acq fees?

You are getting a 27% discount, which is really good. I can’t see a dealer giving up much else.

1 Like

Yes, that is what I got from the dealer. Looks like I will have to be content. There was another dealership I was getting quote from before this one, they readily went back to base rates when I asked them about the mark ups. But, this one will not. Also, as you pointed the discounts are a lot better with this dealership.

That’s a futile mission especially if his/her personal comp is tied to those markups. You want to find the best deal in whatever radius you’re willing to travel, not agonize over line items.

Someone else could offer buyrate MF and a much smaller discount leading to a higher payment, obviously that’s an inferior deal

1 Like

The marked up MF is a little annoying, but I think the strong discount offsets it pretty far. This deal is very solid, in my opinion. I have a hard time seeing it getting a lot better.

1 Like

Exactly, the discount I was getting at the other dealer was no way comparable to this one. Now, all I am waiting for is, if the dealer could apply the $1000 pop-up store certificate.

Just needed reassurance from this forum that I haven’t left a lot on the table taking this deal.

This is a good deal on 61K MSRP vehicle (wtf is wrong with the dealer having a 61k c300 loaner is beyond me tho :slight_smile:)

1 Like

could be an exec demo

Last week, I couldn’t get him discount a $50,545 MSRP C300 anything more than 21.4%, putting my payments at $432 ($40 a month more than this deal) with marked up MF and Acq.fee.

Update:
Dealer came back saying he could apply the $1000 pop-up certificate on this deal. Monthly payments have come down to $345 (23 payments, sign and drive)
Calculator Link

However, it appears that the payments include 100% of the PPM $970 (not just the residual value, in this deal 66%). If I remove $970 from the sale price, the payments drop to $300 a month (23 months, sign and drive).
Calculator Link

How do I get the dealer quote corrected so that I pay only the residual value (66%) of PPM $970?

They should be adding the PPM to the MSRP and sales price.

Thanks, I will talk to them. It looks like they are not adding it to the MSRP. Adding it to both MSRP and Sales price puts me at $316 (23 months, sign and drive).
Calculator Link

I have put in a deposit on this vehicle, and will be picking it up on Friday. I will move this post to share deals section when I have the signed contract. One last thing left is, this vehicle comes with Summer Performance tires, any suggestions for all season tires/ deals?

I’m typing this here as well so the forum has the information. If you do a single pay lease, the MF will drop to .00001 on a C300 (each vehicle is a little different for the MF reduction on a single pay).

PPM will not get residualized for cars with over 5K miles. Is that true statement?

Signed this afternoon, moving to Share Deals section. Updated OP with contract details.

1 Like