Signed! 2019 Honda Odyssey EX-L $459, $0 DAS (msrp 38,605)

Hey - let me know when you lease this vehicle and share the dealership details. Good Luck…!!
The very recent quote I got from a local dealership was $468/month with 0 down (sales person said min drive-off i…e first month payment)

Thanks for looking into it. I will be working with couple of dealers tomorrow, see if anyone can beat it :wink:

Please pm me for dealership info.

Dont lease an oddysey. This is the easiest van to resell!

Pacifia seat not as good as Honda. We tried both n liked Honda better.

U end up losing more if u lease oddysey. Buy

We bought our 2012 EX-L NAV in 2011 and paid about 32K plus 9.25% tax = 35K. We also bought the extended warranty for 1000
(the 2002 Oddy we had went through 2 tranny issues, window stripping/noise issues, and a sliding door issue that were all covered by the extended warranty we bought at that time. In fact, we used the extended warranty on another sliding door issue on the 2011 as well as front suspension and catalytic issues- so much for reliability)

In any case, after 7.5 years and 90K miles, add in the non-warranty items like 12 tires (1900), two alignments (160), two brake/rotor jobs (500), alternator (600), two batteries (240), out of warranty catalytic #2 (200-grrr), and assorted nickle/dime issues (500), and we get to a total cost of about 40K.

At today’s likely selling price on the open market of 11,000, we have a net cost of 29K or about $322/month over 90 months. Call it $330 if we can’t actually get the full 11K for it (Vroom offered 11K 8 months ago, but I am not sure that they would have liked it given that it has never been detailed after 7.5 years of peanut butter, yogurt, gummy bears, and coffee spills).

I assume that leasing our 35K (MSRP) car in 2011 (and again in 2014 and 2017) would not have been 450/mo for 12K/yr, it would have been less. How much less I am not sure. Interest rates, incentives, etc were likely to have varied over the course of 3 leases. BUT, for only ~1400 bucks/year more at the most, I could have avoided multiple dealer visits, tire center visits, independent repair shop visits, and phone calls with warranty people arguing with them about what was and wasn’t covered. Plus, I would have a new minivan every 3 years, with updated tech/safety stuff. Of course the peanut butter, yogurt, gummy bears, and coffee spills would add up at lease return but with only 3 years of sludge built up per lease, maybe not that costly. DMV fees likely to be higher too, because you pay more DMV fees for newer cars, but maybe only 150/year on average in CA.
And there’s always Vroom near the end of the lease to offset the dispo fee (assuming Honda does not waive it when re-leasing like BMW has done for me). If at 2.5 years Vroom (or Carmax or Carvana, etc) offers more than payoff, my cost differential above is even lower.

Maybe leasing Odyssey’s ain’t so bad…

3 Likes

Leasing with great resale value is a win-win.

I am current leasing a Toyota that I may sell to Vroom for more than the residual. If I had purchased instead of leasing, here in California I would have owed sales tax on the entire cost of the vehicle and I’d be out that $1,800. The acquisition fee of $650 was washed out by the $500 lease rebate.

The vehicle has been in an accident, so if Vroom ends up low-balling me like Carvana did (-10% accident adjustment), I have the fallback of selling the vehicle back to Toyota for a the minimum price I can get (residual).

Leasing is pretty much the same as buying with the following advantages:

• A one-time option to sell the vehicle back to the Manufacturer at a pre determined point (usually 36mo)
  • No sales tax on the residual if you opt not to keep the vehicle.

Wanted to share my deal signed today for others to reference.

2019 Odysseey EX-L
MSRP: 38,755
Sales Price: 33,200
36/10k
Residual: 60%
MF: 0.00121
Incentive: $750 (loyalty)
DAS: $2500 (Tax, DMV, Doc Fee, 1st month)
Monthly:$333

1 Like

That seems like a very good deal.

Good price.
Can you PM me?

How much is tax and DMV?

Keep in mind folks that there’s $750 Loyalty incentive if you purchase/lease another Odyssey - meaning, you have to have an Odyssey prior to the deal. That’s what i was told, but anyhow, YMMV. Good luck.

Just signed a lease for 2020 Odyssey EX-L in Princeton NJ … 0 down $450 / month … 36 payments / 10k miles.

I hope it’s not the worse deal…

1 Like

Many people had issues with Pacifica within first 3 years. I wouldn’t go near them. Same issues as the town and country which they claimed they fixed and called the van a Pacifica. All the same shit