Signed: 2019 Cadillac Escalade Luxury 4x4, 24/10, $0 DAS, $769 w/tax

Thanks, Chris! Glad everything looks good with the contract.

Do you see anywhere in the contract where it specifies the disposition fee? The only place I saw it mentioned was in 23(f), but it referred to a line item listed as “N/A”.

I’m sure it’s in there somewhere and I probably missed it.

1 Like

Dispo fee is on the first page right here in section 4;

Ha… Not sure how I missed that. Ok so I guess it isnt rolled in, as you said.

Without divulging any more of the contract that OP is comfortable with, was the 10k “dealer conditional” rebate they listed one lump sum? I see 8000 in “Consumer Cash” listed on autobytel, which is definitely different wording than the usual “bonus cash” or “CCR” you usually see listed, which implies that maybe it was for purchase or lease? Then again its possible that the promotions changed since the deal was signed. The way I’m looking at it, it looks like it was possibly 1000 loyalty, 8000 of that “consumer cash”, 1000 in additional regional CCR and maybe another 1000 in flex/dividends? That’s assuming the numbers are the same now vs the contract date.

As you know, lease contracts don’t break down incentives like some sales agreements/dealer purchase orders do. AFAIK he got $10,000 Escalade loyalty plus $1000 CCR.

That’s true, I know in the past I’ve received additional paperwork in finance that breaks down each rebate I got with a code next to it. Kinda off topic, but I walked over to the Cadillac end of the dealer I went to for my tires today and they had plenty of Escalades on the lot. Not much else though! EVERYTHING is SUVS. I think they had 7 sedans on the lot total, which was a bummer since I was hoping they had something hanging around with the Blackwing in it to check out. I got to see the XT6 though, which is a possible target a year from now. Its… nice? The materials are obviously better than what I’ve got now, but I couldn’t really find a reason to go for it vs the SLT or Denali Acadia, or even an Enclave unless the deal was too good to pass up.

Yeah GM dealers typically have you sign an incentive list. You mean CT6? production ends in January :slight_smile: XT6 is a total dumpster fire IMO. Another half assed GM product.

I’ve seen several CT5’s here in MI and they look SUPER sharp. Much better than pics. Excited to drive both that an CT4…

1 Like

So kind of weird - I just got a call from the finance manager and he said that he needed me to re-sign the docs. He said nothing will change with the payment, but they “left the representative number for the trade in there and they weren’t supposed to do that.” Not sure what that means, and it would be appalling if they tried to stick me with the bill for the car at this point, but it sounds similar to what you were saying to be on the look out for, Chris. If they try and take the 2676 out of section 12, but “assure” me that they are still paying for the remainder of the payments, is there any kosher response to get to the bottom of what is going on, short of just calling them liars?

I asked him to send me the docs in email, but he said that they had to be an original sig and an electronic sig wouldn’t work.

1 Like

I’d just make sure that somewhere in writing that you get them to commit to the remaining payments being rolled in if that’s what they promised you.

If they are grounding the lease early and cutting you a check for the remaining payments + dispo, then it should not be reflected as a trade on the lease paperwork. If they’re buying it and rolling in the neggity eggity it should.

Just make sure you have a We Owe sheet somewhere for the total amount of your remaining payments (+ dispo if there is one).

1 Like

There’s absolutely no way they’re buying the lease out (no positive equity)

MY guess is that there is 3 month pull ahead and the contract won’t fly with GMF due to nothing to pay off, and they’ll inflate the selling price to make up the difference and keep payment the same.

@mindscape9 request a copy of the updated draft contract and let’s see it. If they won’t provide, tell them you won’t sign it. In a nice way :slight_smile: I’ve had many dealers send me draft contracts via email for me to review. It’s not a big deal and if they refuse, something is fishy.

2 Likes

And you can frame the request in terms of making sure everything is correct before you drive back to the dealer - it will save everyone time.

1 Like

Yup. Or tell them you’re about to leave on a 5k mile cross country road trip, watch PANIC ENSUE :kissing_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Thaks everyone! This is super helpful. I’m hoping it’s a nothing thing that they need to change.

I’ll reach out and see if they will send me the contract. They still haven’t given me the 2nd key (first said it was locked away, and then said they couldn’t find it), and they also promised all weather mats (wrote it on the we owe sheet), so am hoping to get that sorted before I ask for the new contract. Incidently, I am leaving on a trip tomorrow morning and won’t be back until Friday, so I will see if I can work out these other details and ask about the contract before I get back.

Worst case, will this lease stand as is, or if they are trying to pull a fast one, do I need to give the car back? The finance manager very clearly stated I couldn’t change my mind because I realized I didn’t like the car, is it true for them if they realize they don’t like the deal?

Let’s see what the new contract is before we jump to conclusions.

If the contract is not accepted by GMF, you technically do not have a lease and they can forcibly repo the vehicle. But trust me they do not want a used vehicle back so I suggest not rushing this and putting some miles on her and a little time to make the dealer sweat (within reason).

If my guess is right, you could wind up with an even better deal. If they planned to pocket the $2676 but GMF rejected it, get them to admit that it’s a pull ahead in which case you can argue that they were being deceitful or incompetent (tell them to pick which one! They ALWAYS pick incompetent!) and that’s the only thing that should change. I would really be firm with that. A 10% discount on an Escalade isn’t some terrible money loser deal. I really believe you could have shopped it and gotten other dealers to match it or even beat it.

But now I’m jumping to conclusions.
Let’s see what the new contract looks like!

3 Likes

Update: I just got the revised contract and sent it to Chris. Hopefully he will be able to look at it and let us know what he thinks!

Update 2: I called GM financial and they confirmed that the lease has been terminated and no more payments are due. That’s a good thing, but still interested to see if anything changed substantially with the contract

1 Like

They bumped the selling price and removed the trade.

Looks like I was right about the 3 month pull ahead and the dealer tried to pocket the money. Get the dealer to confirm in writing that there is a pull ahead and you owe nothing (by inference they either made a mistake or tried to pocket the money).

I would reject this proposal and demand that the contract be written as it was originally but without the trade. Same selling price. You already agreed to buy a car for $XXXXX, and they already agreed to sell you the car for $XXXXX. If they “didn’t know there was a pull ahead”, they were just going to make those remaining 3 payments to GMF on your behalf. So logically, if they weren’t going to pocket the money, why would they care??

But I think we all know they were trying to pocket the money…

Out of principle I would be very firm on this and tell them that they can either rewrite the contract as it was originally (except for the trade) or they can have the vehicle back and sell it as used and take probably a $10k loss.

Just curious, did they highlight the changes or did you? If they did, it’s pretty ballsy.

By the way, this is why I go nuts when people say ‘why do i need to know how to read a contract or why do i care where the numbers are, the monthly is what i want lol’. You’re about to pay $660/mo for your Escalade…

2 Likes

Ahh, ok… Man, I need to process this.

Answer to your question, they highlighted that and sent it to me. In addition, he included the following:

"There are three spaces on the contract where numbers have been updated, these places have been marked for visibility. The remaining balance on your turned in vehicle cannot be represented as it own entity on the contract, it must be included in the pricing of the new vehicle. This does not change your bottom line pricing nor does it change you monthly lease payments.

On the first page you will see that the “Gross capitalized cost” has increased by $2,676.45. This is the exact amount of the payoff of the turned in vehicle. On the second page you will notice that the payoff amount has now been removed since it is now included on the first page."

I did confirm that the lease has been terminated but I didn’t get a straight answer from GM financial on if the remaining payments were paid or if it was canceled due to pull ahead.

Is the issue that GM financial is rejecting the contract because the selling price and all the other things don’t add up correctly to the 769?

A hardball approach may make the ESV OP was promised magically “unavailable” during the 2 times a year he wants to go on his road trips.

Is that worth $2700?

And I don’t think anything needs to be hardball or bad terms. Just keep asking for clarification and make the dealer walk themselves into it…they’re not going to admit that they planned on pocketing the money.

Also I think he got the loaner in writing already :slight_smile: