Signed 2019 BMW M5 Comp

Closer to the end of the year, my bad habit of searching and looking around bimmerpost and Edmonds.com and found out quite a big amount of inventory on 19s M5, forcing bmw to make all M5 trims match regular G30 5er rates and residuals this month (I assume?)

Came across a few great deals (one in Nebraska, MSRP 126,000, 2,000 down at 1,200 incl tax) but color combo really isn’t what I’m looking for… (Sooo many black/grey/ and whites)
Decided F it, go big or go home, picked the most expansive 19’ M5 Comp on the market and see how far things go (more for sh**s and giggles lol)

Surprisingly dealer willing to offer pretty competitive % off with assistance from incentives and keep the MF at base… Bit the bullet and here we are…
Dealer was offering ~ 1% MSRP lease payment until they realize the reg cost (0.9% of the MSRP as part of our tab fees) and 10% sales tax in Seattle… I don’t blame them…

Model: 2019 M5 Competition
Color: Individual Frozen Marina Bay Blue
Interior: Black Full Merino Leather
MSRP: $141,085.00
Negotiated Cap Cost: $128,742.40 (8.75% off)
Rebates: 4,500 (BMWFS, Loyalty)
Adjusted Cap Cost: 123,728.56 ( ~12.3% off in the end)
Monthly Payment: $1,486.16 ($1,349.83 before the infamous Seattle 10% tax…)
Drive-Off Amount: $2,000 (first month + out of state licensing fees)
Months: 36 months
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: 0.00128 (Base rate from BMW FS)
Residual: 84741.00
Region: CA
Leasehackr calculator/score: N/A (having hard time figuring out the specifics, numbers keep on coming out wrong…)

Shopped out is state as in WA all 2019s M5 had been gobbled up my the techies around. The 2020s dealers are quoting me close to 1,700 a month at around 120,000 MSRP for incoming inventories… (If they’re selling as hot cakes, why discount them?)

3 Likes

I feel like you could of got more off MSRP but for a spec like that well worth it! Congratulations post pictures when you take delivery, I’m in the market myself for a M5 so I understand all the struggles

1 Like

Congrats on your new ride.

I think you could have gotten more off MSRP as well. I picked up my 2019 M5 comp with a sticker of $123k for 13% off before rebates. With loyalty and lease support, total off MSRP was just shy of 17%. The dealer did inflate my MF to .00168 and wouldn’t come down. But with 36/15k and 7.5% tax, my payment came to $1,305. After adding the maintenance and tire packages, my total monthly is $1,399.

But what matters if you like the car and will enjoy it.

4 Likes

Congrats OP do share pics !
Curious though have you taken delivery locally already? There is a stop sale currently on 2019 and 2020 m5’s and other M cars at the moment which is holding off dealers from allowing to deliver. Hopefully your vehicle was built outside the effected production timeline window.

2 Likes

You got 11% off, not 13% when applying the base MF. Still a good deal none the less but no need to make the guy feel bad since he got more off of MSRP then you did. The fact that it’s a higher MSRP makes the % of discount lower. I’m not going to post my deal because then everyone will feel bad :shushing_face:

2 Likes

ok, now you must! :upside_down_face:

Let’s see these numbers

2 Likes

I dont think that was his intention. Total front and back end combined is 11% on the comps right now. From what I have heard, the regular m5 has some trunk but not the comps. So any dealer will get to 11% after a lot of back n forth but will try to make money on the mf. but going beyond and getting base rate is whats difficult right now.
In other words, OP may have gotten base mf but then discount was slashed down which makes sense.
Again, not meaning to bash OPs deal.

1 Like

They both have trunk only the 2019s and neither 2020s

Thankfully the vehicle was built outside of the stop sale production time! Dealer was confused when the information got released and hold the car for a bit before releasing to the shipper

1 Like

I agree I could have gotten higher discounts, and yes I was offered some above 15% off before rebates! But at the same time settling with colors or options that might be the 3rd or 4th choice just to save 1-200 a month out of 1k+ payments doesn’t sit right with me…

It is an overkill however, picking a fully loaded M5, but at least I didn’t get screw over big time haha (I think?)

1 Like

Whats the stop sale for?

Transmission wiring

Congrats. I agree with some of the people above… end of year could have gotten more discount. But, this car is a beast. Congrats.
I am on bimmerpost too.

1 Like

congrats
amazing car, I love mine

1 Like

Well, I was looking for the cheapest car possible and then I saw this thread lol Wound up signing on an m5 comp - no lease loyalty

MSRP: $118,xxx
Price after discount and $2500 rebate - $103,695
Residual: $69,649.50
36/12k
First months OOP
$1,194.00 + tax (this included them rolling $1,000 worth of shipping into the price)

I probably could have squeezed a little more, but since the 2019’s were few and far between, I decided to jump on it.

1 Like

I know which one you got. You beat me to it! I saw it about two days before you pulled the trigger and waited too long. Congrats! That color is amazing!

2 Likes

Pictures??

1 Like

Car is being delivered this weekend - dealer already pulled it off their site :sob:

1 Like

Ah ok. Weekend can’t come quick enough! Huge congrats!