Signed - 2019 BMW 530i

MI actually.

Best tip for your area? Stick to your guns but be prepared to either ship or take a flyer for a car.

gotcha that sounds about right though. I’m fresh out of college and didn’t think a BMW was going to be feasible in my price range (probably about 300-350 a month but a little flex room) but after reading the forum I’m not really sure whats possible because I’ve seen some real unicorns on here. Not expecting to find a unicorn myself, but definitely looking now!

Funnily enough I’ve been diving through all of the Broker’s pages and see everything you guys do on your reviews and such, its insane!

1 Like

It’s very atypical and in the absence of picking up on a car with a ton of time on the books or with some twisted tale behind it be ready to face a lot of rejection. Sometimes we get lists of cars that must go at whatever cost and when we do it’s a real treat but like any hot deal if you blink you’ll miss it.

If you’re serious about your goal and have the nerve and wherewithal to stand firm on your (hopefully reasonable and market driven) offers you’ll succeed eventually.

1 Like

that’s great advice. If you dont mind me asking, I feel like the hardest part about it (from an amateurs perspective) is just getting even in the ball park of some of these prices. Is the best beginning to these deals to go in as if you will buy the vehicle, talk the MSRP down to whatever it needs to be/you can get it to, and then say something to the extent of “oh I’d actually like to lease at that price” ?

Before I came on lease hackr, this week i was getting ready (I apologize if this information is not allowed to be posted I can edit and delete) to sign on a 2020 Honda Accord EX-L for $2500 cash down @ 324 a month. Looking at that now it sounds crazy that I was considering it now that my eyes have been opened. if im being totally honest I still cant even tell if thats an awful deal, but it sure feels awful compared to what I’ve spent the last couple hours reading

1 Like

Not exactly. This is largely due to incentives being different though.
An interesting strategy though when you know a dealer is aggressive in selling aftermarket or extended ownership products and is willing to forego front end profit to meet that end.

You’re absolutely not getting a ‘decent’ BMW for the price of that Accord without loyalty. The deals you see on here are very atypical and usually tied to a large loyalty incentive. You’re looking at an X1, maybe, which IMO is a far inferior vehicle. Surprised @electric didn’t mention this, unless he’s already PM’d you :sweat_smile:

You’re fresh out of college - get something cheap and reliable and conserve your money until you start making the real stuff. If you can only afford $350 a month, theres no way in hell you should actually be spending $350 a month.

1 Like

@Electric - If I may ask, what type of discount can I expect on a new remaining 2019 530i xdrive? I am not looking to move now, but wanted to figure out if purchasing the car with additional incentives would be better rather than leasing.

I live in MA, where we pay an additional motor vehicle tax called excise tax. With leasing comes additional costs such as $925 for the acquisition fee. I am currently researching all possible incentives I could qualify for. I am currently leasing an Audi, so I qualify for conquest. I recently signed up for a Penfed membership in order to take advantage of the $500 lease incentive and $2000 purchase incentive available on a new 2019/2020 5 series. I also signed up for a BMW Driving Events newsletter so that I can get an OL code when the time comes for me to lease/purchase.

Am I missing anything in my research? BTW, if I finance the car, I plan to keep it for at least 5 years and purchase an upgraded maintenance plan.

Congrats on your deal.

Time is money. Here is my $0.02.

At what point would some folks keep trying to save a few bucks 'cos they felt they left $$ on the table? While negotiating the lease of my 2018 Audi A4 P+, I was told by one GM at a premier dealership in MA that Audis were not distressed merchandise, after asking for more than 13% percent off (pre-incentives). I eventually got a better deal at another dealership that disagreed with that GM. I was exceptionally happy with my deal since it was my first lease.

I hope to lease a 530i xdrive next year. However, I am not married to the car. Lots of great info here on this board.

I wouldn’t be shy about asking for 12% before incentives (right now) but keep in mind that most dealers that still have 2019’s on the lot are likely to defend their pricing. The iDrive7 update is very hard to ignore against a 2020 and makes for a strong negotiation point.

As we get closer to end of Q1, you might try for 14-15% as BMW may end lease support right around then: Last year was an anomaly as there was a ton of F3x platform cars that needed to move.

1 Like

Appreciate the tips. I am quite a ways from making a move but I will keep an eye on deals on remaining 2019 models.