Signed-2019 Acura MDX SH-AWD Base MSRP $47,295; $2K DAS and $347 + Tax (Includes Loyalty)

Oooof!

Mention of nudes and mom in the same thread is not fun

8 Likes

Could use some clarification here.

It looks like your MF was .00215, but in Illinois the dealers are saying it is .00225 and itā€™s only .00215 with a $525 refundable security deposit.

Does that sound right? I thought Acura didnā€™t do SD/MSDs.

They do not do MSDs

Also, have you calculated the difference in MF you just posted? Itā€™s virtually nothing :slight_smile:

Hey, itā€™s like $7/mo! I thought this place was called leasehackr for a reason! :wink:

Trying to work on my very own ā€œunicornā€ deal (thanks to your assistance of course).

Lol!

This isnā€™t a unicorn just a solid deal :slight_smile:

It in includes loyalty just keep in mind!

Tried to work out a similar looking deal in NJ with 2 different dealers. None of them budged to give more than 10% discount off the MSRP before applying incentives.

Show some thigh

Theyā€™ll budge

2 Likes

MDX is averaging 80 in Days to Turnā€¦ go hunt for some aged units for extra gravy.

1 Like

https://wd.eleadcrm.com/evo2/companies/VARDLYCR/Images/laborday1.jpg

I received this from my local Acura today. This is in VA.

Looks good! But says, excludes taxes, tags, fees. And, includes all applicable incentives.

Yeh saw that. Havenā€™t contacted them but thought I share it with everyone here.

2 Likes

Iā€™m work with that same dealership in VA. Any tips on how I can get them to sell me the car at that price instead of leasing? I saw someone say lease it and then buy it back but is that easy to do?

There is a 8,500 lease incentive from Acura to the dealer, so no way you can get that price for a purchase.

I have no experience doing a lease and then buying it, but I have heard that it is possible after your first payment, some say after 90 days.

I suggest you call Acura Financial and simply ask them: 1-866-777-6495

Dang, I was afraid of that. Iā€™ve tried to get them to sell me the car at lease prices but they all wont do it! Anyways, I looked at the contract that has been posted and it says there may be an early termination fee. And after doing the math of taking all the monthly payment + the costs of the car at the end of the lease, it looks like you end up paying more than the original purchase price. But thanks for the tip about calling Acura Financial and asking.

Early termination is if you walk away and donā€™t pay. Or want to settle for less than the full value of the lease.

Once you lease the car and your ahfs account is setup. You login and request a buyout price. Then send them a check for that amount within 10 days. Price will be only the residual left and the lease payments without the rent charge. It will include the lease disposition of $350 or $395. And when you take ownership of the car, depending on the state you will have to pay full sales tax. You can do it after your first payment, dealer wants you to make 3 payments so they keep their margin for a lease origination.

Should still come out $3-4k less. But youā€™ll either need to have the cash or get a loan from somewhere else. Acura wonā€™t finance the payoff as far as I know.

We almost did it, but decided to get a different car and sold our 2017 mdx lease to carvana.

3 Likes

Thanks for the detailed reply. So how would I save 3-4k less like you mentioned in your post. So are you saying if I do a lease and then purchase, I wonā€™t be paying more than the agreed price of the car? Aside from the sales tax you mentioned for taking ownership, is there any other costs? Just trying to cover all the bases because it seems like this could work out and Iā€™ll ultimately achieve my goal of getting a 2019 RDX base for around 31k based on the leasing incentives from Acura. I just want to at the end of the day get the car for 31k assuming I do the lease, and then pay sales tax. Is there anything Iā€™m missing?

Do any states have prepayment penalties?

1 Like

I think prepay pen would come from finance company not state level, however you may find a separate tax on a buy out and you are paying an acquisition fee but the increase in incentives more than offsets that.

Ah OK

I thought that was at state level

At least for mortgages I think thatā€™s how it works? Like I know in MA you cannot be charged a prepayment penalty. I think itā€™s consumer protection?

You are also talking about an RDX. This thread is about an MDX. Different incentives.