Sign: 2020 M2 Competition (Purchased)

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 BMW M2 Competition
MSRP: $64,545
Sell Price: $57,589

Got 10.7769…% off. As everyone seems to know, after exploring lease options (even an M3 CS, like those more than the M4 CS), with my texas upfront taxes and these being terrible leases I got a dealer to play ball and I got it down to what I felt like was a very fair deal for me.

Just a heads up, I was shopping nationally. Took me just over a week from start to sign and emailed about 25 ish dealers to get the discount that high. I have contacts of dealers all over the nation from 8-10% off MSRP if anyone is looking and having trouble. Happy to share that with anyone if they wanna PM me. Haven’t taken delivery yet, but am super pumped. Long Beach Blue Metallic, DCT (gonna be my daily otherwise would have went manual), Exec Pack, Black wheels. Last car was a 2015 Porsche Cayman.

12 Likes

Any New England dealers you talked to? Dm me
If that’s what you’d prefer. Thanks!

With me being from Texas, that’s an area I didn’t look a ton into (and the North West). Closest one would be Alexandria/DC area I would think. Let me know if you’d want me to PM you that info.

Great job!

1 Like

Hello, Would anyone happen to know the MF, residual, and lease or loyalty credit for an 2020 M2 Comp? 36k mi 3 year lease in zip code 91710

I would ask that on the Edmunds forums.

Was it from San Antonio? I want to say they have the largest BMW dealership here…

It was not. However they did come to me about a week later and said they would have matched my deal. Maybe they were being truthful but they were dragging their feet for over a week while I worked out other deals. They never put together numbers for me, only the email saying they “would have” matched me deal. Probably just BS since they know I already had a deal. But yes, they had a bunch of M2s so would not doubt they are one of the largest.

1 Like

Congrats one of the cars I hope to one day own. A modern compliment to my previously owned E46 M3

1 Like

Curious to read your impressions compared to 2015 Cayman

Okay. I’ll do my best here… Haha.

Performance wise, the M2 certainly has more power on tap at any given time. Think that’s pretty obvious. It just feels far more powerful and faster. The Cayman felt more stiff as a daily driver with terrible roads in Dallas, but the M2 feels more “bouncey” and “springy”. In terms of the actual handling, they feel very comparable, but the Cayman was more precise, analog and direct. It truly felt like it was on a swivel. I think that’s expected from a mid engine car. The M2 is more playful though. So easy to get it to slide and/or drift when you want to mess around. The Cayman could as well, it’s just far easier in the M2. Both feel extremely in controls at all times.

Some interior and other notes:
The interior feels cheaper and less “tight” in the M2. Figure that’s the price difference. I think people feel this generation of interior is getting pretty dated. Overall, I’m still happy with it. They just aren’t comparable though. (Hate that I couldn’t even option AC seats like the Cayman).
The harman/kardon stereo actually sounds better than the upgraded bose system that I had in the Cayman. So that’s nice.
Love the seats more in the M2. Obviously like the practicality of back seats and a full trunk. Lol.
That’s what I could think of off the top of my head so far. Exterior wise, I love both of the looks. Very different so hard to compare. I was able to option the Cayman more (like the satin black 911 wheels, AC seats, tech etc)… but then you get into the issue with Porsches where you have 50K in options. But I guess it’s nice to be able to if you want to.

3 Likes

Just check the brokers spreads

What do you mean?

I meant specifically interior luxury feeling wise. The M2 is far behind the Cayman.

Agreed …

1 Like

Still have the DC area dealers info?

I had both M2 and Cayman as well as a 991 911. The M2 was the most exciting to drive by far, though the least refined. However, numerous little issues on both Porsches reminded me of typical VW electronics while ZERO issues with the M2 up until 55k miles when I sold it. Maintenance also far less expensive on M2 (Porsche engine locations & tight access makes DIY stuff quite hard).
Overall, M2 felt far more raw, explosive, and just entertained in a way that the Cayman didn’t come remotely close to for me. The 911 was more posh, civil, comfortable and truly a great GT which also totally came alive when pushed very hard. The M2 felt “alive” from the first push of the engine start button. However, on crap roads, the M2 and Cayman were equally awful with tremendous road noise and a brittle ride on choppy bumps while the 911 was relatively quiet and smooth.
In all, I miss taking the M2 around corners the most of all 3 cars.

1 Like

Anyone here ever had a pair of rear facing car seats in an m2? Is it possible without getting faced with divorce papers?

2 Likes

Depends on how many comma’s are present in the bank.

Next time your at the dealers pop a seat in. I’m sure it will work if under 6ft. I had trouble with with rear facing in the Durango, I wouldn’t have wanted to do a road trip with it on my side.

1 Like