Sienna or Volvo?

Xc90 would run you approx 70k.

If you can lock in a sienna with a dealer, once they send you the build ask them to remove all options that are extra $$.

I am sure if you look hard you should be able to find one at msrp.

1 Like

There are rare 1 offs where you can get a Sienna for under MSRP, but they are rare and last like 1 day only.

You can get a Honda Odyessy for under MSRP.

You’ve already received good guidance but since you’re leasing now, you most likely don’t put on a lot of miles. I would say lease the XC90 versus buying the Sienna unless you expect to increase miles or plan to take family trips in the Sienna. The quality, comfort, and safety of a XC90 is worth it for family versus a Sienna (not to say it doesn’t have those qualities). My parents had a Sienna until last year and we have XC90, night and day difference to me.

Also, the B5 is slow as others mentioned but more than sufficient, doubt you’ll be racing in either car. If you’re in NYC area, the low speed limits won’t let you anyway.

And how much would you pay to lease a Volvo?

1 Like

You’ll pay $50k today and in 3 years you can sell it for $35k or more. Do a quick search for what 2020s and 2021s are selling for. You’ll be shocked.

2 Likes

I’m paying 550/month with like $3000 up front .

One of the best things ever said on LHer.

1 Like

Have you ever tried to get in the third row of an XC90? We want to check one out last week to replace our 6 year old Pacifica PHEV and everyone hated getting in the back seats because the floor is so much higher than in a minivan. And we’re not even tall or big people!

That pretty much applies to most SUVs with a 3rd row regarding the higher floor compared to a minivan. Ease of getting in and out of 3rd row in Sienna vs XC90 was not substantially different to me having been in both. Minivan 3rd row is larger though as is cargo space - we fit a whole plywood sheet in a Sienna 2nd and 3rd row folded, could never do that in a midsize SUV. OP hasn’t stated their needs outside of focus on pricing and bigger vehicle so we don’t know how much they will use/need the 3rd row.

3 Likes

Honestly, I haven’t tried on the xc90 yet. But I’m sure sienna would give you more space on the 3rd row.

1 Like

How tall are you?

Yeah, that baffles me, as my wife barely cracks 5’ and hated getting in the XC90 third row.

1 Like

5’10”. My wife and mother in law sit in the 3rd row the most and they’re about 5’3”. Mother in law is in her 70s too and at times has climbed through the trunk to get to the 3rd row (one seat folded) when we had 2 car seats in the 2nd row. Common factor amongst us is that we are very active generally too so perception of difficulty maybe different. I’m also comparing bench Sienna not captains chair Sienna if that makes a difference.

@Manbosco Have you had a chance to drive either of the vehicles? Curious where your head is at as this thread has some great information and personal experiences to lean in to.

The XC90 has aged gracefully and I think its next iteration is going to be even more ‘electrified’ - I would say it definitely wins in terms of curb appeal over the Sienna.

The Sienna is a superb people mover that values passenger comfort and space while also delivering strong fuel economy. It also has a bias towards early families with its abundance of car seat latches/tethers.

1 Like

I suspect your experience is an outlier. For most people it should be hugely obvious the Sienna’s third row is much easier to enter and exit.

2 Likes