Show Us Your Rental Car

OMG. But…

Look again for the source of my amusement.

Our MX limped into PHX with a bum compressor and all I got was this Polestar 2 Performance Pack (Service Center was closed so enterprise reimbursement it is until they can get us into a loaner.)

9 Likes

Ok what am I not seeing… is it the top speed listed on the speedo?

1 Like

How do you like it. Polestar is on my list of ‘cars to test drive’.

1 Like

Saw one for the first time in the wild last week. Looks nice, though understated.

2 Likes

The Corolla’s top speed is 112 mph, yet the speedometer goes up to 160. :roll_eyes: :clown_face:

As a frame of reference, the 627-hp BMW M5 is electronically limited to top out at 155 mph.

2 Likes

Hey man… fake it till you make it

4 Likes

Like wings and chrome?

I don’t understand why I’m so hungry this morning. As soon as I saw “wings” my brain beelined to chicken wings.

Don’t forget the side vents to allow for better airflow on that speed demon.

2 Likes

No worries…happens to us covid vegans too.

1 Like

It’s not bad. There’s a lot of limiting factors in the software though compared to Tesla (can’t view cameras over certain speed, no web browser) and DC Fast charging didn’t seem to work all that fast.

Traded out for another one so hopefully that one works better. At least it has cooled seats!

Based on kw/h charging rate or the made up miles per hour charging rate that tesla does?

Saw 3 of these just this weekend, 2 white and 1 in dark metallic ‘Jeep Graphite’. All were stunners, esp. the Grahite…enough so I circled back like Jen Psaki and oogled it some more, annoying it’s owner, since he didn’t wave back. edit: (the Jeep has me wave-happy).

40 kW is pretty lame, especially since the car is supposed to support 150 kW. It seems that some of the EA stations get into a weird cooling situation where they limit power and need to be reset. Why they don’t auto do it is beyond me.

This is 4 EA stations now max 40KW or 90A times pack voltage.

Weird. I wonder if theres some restriction the rental company has put in place to try to maintain battery life.

IDK. This is two cars with the same limitation at various chargers.
It doesn’t make for a very good representation of the car though.

I cannot imagine trying to road trip in this thing with that limitation considering Electrify America has one of the more extensive nationwide networks outside of Tesla.

1 Like

Both rentals from the same place?

Looking forward to exporting this fuel economy graph to Excel.

:face_vomiting:

4 Likes