Show Us Your Rental Car

Yeah most likely. Where you rent you could
ask if they have one but I’d be surprised to see one on a rental lot. If it’s a rental company where you choose worth walking the aisles to be sure.

1 Like

I would call the Manager at each of the airport locations and ask, then I’d try the in town locations. :man_shrugging:t2:

I rented a minivan at Avis recently. Got a Voyager (rebadged Pacifica), but they had a Carnival on the lot too.

1 Like

What was the TCO for the entire rental period? :wink::wink:

I’m looking at renting a convertible for a possible trip to Miami and I saw the elusive SL available. 4 days of rental was 1200 bucks. A lease is the same price…

1 Like

I was at John Wayne airport last month . They had a few Kia Carnivals at Hertz . For the most part I would expect to get a Chrysler minivan when renting one at Avis / Enterprise

1 Like

I have only what’s give by Amex Plat, and even then I don’t know yet how to leverage it since pretty much have not rented from Hertz in years.

The financial liability is not the same. :joy:

1 Like

You skip the counter and go straight to the lot and choose your car.

Seat Tarraco FR AWD. Not too bad a holiday family hauler.

3 Likes

I wonder if I can get one here and flip it at SAL lol

Any? If I booked RAV4, can I take minivan or suburban?

I am still need to figure out the President Circle / Ultimate Choice section of Hertz.

I think it’s 1st check the board assignment, then if you don’t like it then check the UC/PC section for surplus cars similar to the Emerald Aisle of National

In my experience it can kind of vary depending on the location. For example, the HLE that I used to frequent wouldn’t assign me a vehicle until I was there to choose.

PC can be very nice to have, and it can be absolutely worthless…again, depending on the location and the circumstances.

1 Like

Check out the Cupra line up. They make some great looking cars out of those SEAT.

1 Like

Booked an A-class from Sixt in Portugal and got an 23 Arteon R Wagon auto (aka Potato Mover) with 1,400 km on it. It’s long and low and was a pain to drive and park in towns. I was wondering why it was so efficient until the last day when I stopped to fill it up before returning it. It was a diesel lol
The Sixt guy was extremely anal on the return and found a barely visible curb rush on the front lip. Luckily, somehow I noticed it first during pick up in the dark garage and took a picture (of a total of 2).

6 Likes

:lemon: wagon in this case

They love sticking it to the American tourist with credit card insurance.

1 Like

They include mandatory coverage with 2,600 eur max and tried to upsell, obviously. Including a “C-class diesel for only 15 eur/day more”. I should have booked Ford Puma for much less.

I’ve heard Sixt in Europe is a nightmare about that stuff, which is a pity because I really wanted to rent an M5 from them lol