Shouting match with dealer over Kia lease selling fiasco

What about Carmax? Do they allow third party buyout? They are so easy to deal with.

Carmax doesn’t do Hyundai or Kia as of last week, ask me how I know.

1 Like

Carmax hasn’t done lease buyouts since 2021-2022

1 Like

RODO has a good offer but seems like it’s less known company which makes me hesitant. Also some bad reviews as well.

I second this, Anthony is super efficient, can buy anything. Did an Ally lease for me and no problems.

3 Likes

I’m baffled how any dealer can make money on a >2-year-old Forte they pay $21k for that has a 2023 MSRP of $23k.

2 Likes

Your call but i have record of selling at least 5 cars between me, family and friends and had no issues at all.
The bad reviews are for getting new lease and I DO agree with them.

I have the same question. New car prices have softened so personally I don’t think it’s a bad idea to take advantage of this used car bubble.

Do they list out the exact money they’ll give you?

Yes. Everything is via email. There is no guess here.

I was looking for the video of the shouting match.

Disappoint. :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m just kinda confused how they can buyout the lease but Carmax/Carvana/Vroom can’t anymore?

Because it takes 90 days to get a Kia/Hyundai Title if you aren’t a H/K dealer. So who’s willing to hold onto a car they can’t sell for 90 days legally?

And these companies are?

Hyundai and Kia are the only slow ones, and the buyers are Carmax, Carvana and Vroom like you said.

Hyundai and Kia Dealers can get the titles pretty quickly and can buy their own cars.

I would never try to buy from Rodo, but they seem to be solid with selling them your vehicle.

1 Like

Anyone who can arrange a payment through a Kia/Hyundai dealer can buy out their leases. So that includes RODO, LH brokers who work with those brands, Autonation, CarShop, any local/regional chain that owns dealers of those brands, etc etc.

1 Like

I got a strong offer from them that I shopped around. Told the guy I had $1,500 more and it took him 5 days to get back to me with something like “we would if we could”. Then a few more days later he came back “we’ll buy it” after I sold the car. But yeah, I’d sell to them.

This is what the dealer gave me but me but it seems like both sides contradict one another

1 Like

So they made up something that looks official, wow that’s a first.