Shouting match with dealer over Kia lease selling fiasco

Ive never heard of this with Hyundai financial though.

Where is the shouting match I was promised?

26 Likes

Damn Youtube clickbait title

14 Likes

The only thing you need from that dealer in writing is the selling price, not the exact amount you will be pocketing. They do not know the exact payoff amount at this point (it changes daily), but they can get it, of course.

3 Likes

Get a quote from RODO. They can buy KIA lease without bite and switch game.

Get a quote from everyone on this list. The first step towards figuring out your equity is to determine the value of the car first.

2 Likes

@Anthony_Lopez at DSR will buy your Kia, give him a chance to give you a price

https://dsrleasing.com/trade-in-1/

Exactly 202020

What are you getting to replace it?

Please tell me you’re not doing all this effort just to overpay on leasing a new Forte.

2 Likes

No I need to get rid of the car completely. Moving out of state

1 Like

Then why are you going to a Kia dealer? Third party buyout not allowed?

I went to 2 dealerships, and matched offers on Carvana and Carmax. General consensus is car is worth 20-21k. Kelly blue book is putting the car at around 22k. I have no problem getting rid of it at 20-21k, I just don’t like how the final amount I would be netting wouldn’t be listed on paper.

Kia finance doesn’t allow Carvana or Vroom to buyout the lease anymore. I could buy the car myself but have to take into account the tax, title, registration fee.

What about Carmax? Do they allow third party buyout? They are so easy to deal with.

Carmax doesn’t do Hyundai or Kia as of last week, ask me how I know.

1 Like

Carmax hasn’t done lease buyouts since 2021-2022

1 Like

RODO has a good offer but seems like it’s less known company which makes me hesitant. Also some bad reviews as well.

I second this, Anthony is super efficient, can buy anything. Did an Ally lease for me and no problems.

3 Likes

I’m baffled how any dealer can make money on a >2-year-old Forte they pay $21k for that has a 2023 MSRP of $23k.

2 Likes

Your call but i have record of selling at least 5 cars between me, family and friends and had no issues at all.
The bad reviews are for getting new lease and I DO agree with them.