Should you shop for a $1000+ car payment right now?

If they are bored, they are unemployed. Not the best time to buy cars.

Hurry up and submit that app before the banks wise up and start verifying employment!

2 Likes

the wealthy can’t be asked to worry about saving $40 a month by putting down 5k in msd. Money makes money right now and the stock market and real estate are a way to make money right now

4 Likes

Maybe on a $300 per month car…

I think the truly wealthy aren’t jacking around with $1000/mo leases, they are moving millions around in the markets, these are just wanna be’s that want to flash the bling

3 Likes

You’d be surprised I have a family member that works at a RR dealer in a wealthy area.

They are getting many many inquiries from super wealthy folks on their high end stuff.

3 Likes

Everyone wants to get that covid special… I hear that in LA you can get some cars on super sale… like a whole 5% off MSRP after incentives. Hell of a deal.

6 Likes

Look for this though, no balloons or wavy arm guy then keep driving, that corolla is probably still on the road

Man, I can’t think of the last time I saw a dodge neon on the road.

2 Likes

BMW i8 without MSDs, here we go

Warren Buffet doesn’t have a $1k car payment.
If you are rich business owner with 1k to burn so you can take a lease write-off, there are so many other & better ways to spend 1k over the next few months - to wit the food bank lines in several states.

However, we are all familiar with “let them eat cake”, right Marie Antoinette? Let’s just hope the confinement ends before the guillotine sales pick up…

3 Likes

keyword jacking it, they go in lease and move on. They might pay 1800/mo for an m5 but spending hours grinding it is a waste of their time. For example if they spent 20 hours to save $500/mo that equates to $25/hr, maybe in those 20 hours they secure a deal worth 20-25k profit for them.

500 x 36 months is 18k…just an example.

My wife was driving one when i first met her, what a shit box. Her dad bought it new and got an extended warranty, I think the ac compressor was replaced 3 times. I wanna say it was a 95 or something, I traded at my dealership i worked at in 2004 or 2005 and the used car manager offered me $1500, I couldn’t sign the paperwork fast enough, wife thought she died and went heaven. Neon to 9-3 Convertible, needless to say we cancelled our Mini Cooper order.

2 Likes

Everyone who worked in and/or was connected to Wall St during the financial crisis knew someone making 300K+ who couldn’t make rent the month after their paycheck stopped

9 Likes

Buffett is an ananoly, but did you know he owns his own private jet leasing company? who needs cars when you have a plane :wink:.

1 Like

Are you looking from the drivers seat, or as a bystander just observing cars go by?

I’m good, I haven’t gotten myself into a deal that required one.(snowy off ramp)

I would buy a rare exotic car if the price is right, but not an Escalate or anything with the word Rover on it.

The other three are probably not :rofl:

Especially the Neon.

The only way anyone could comment on a persons decision to spend 1000 dollars is if you knew the financial stability of that person and even that is a stretch because what one considers acceptable another may not.
Considering none of us know the financial stability of each other, maybe we should stop casting judgement??
If Jeff Bezos wanted an M5 now, would that be wrong? Wherever you draw the line is purely subjective… Let’s move on and let people make their up their own minds.

1 Like