Should you put more money down with high MF

With MF pretty high right now, does it make sense to put more money down upfront as opposed to a traditional sign and drive. At least $5k that I can put on my card and get points for? I would assume that the money I put down would pay down the amount that is financed through rent charges and my overall total cost of lease would be less. Am I correct?

Also, please don’t tell me to just buy, buying is not an option for me and I have to lease in this terrible market.

Thanks in advance!

One pay lease

Generally speaking your understanding is mostly correct, but whether it makes sense or not is really a personal decision. It’s impossible to say much more without knowing specifics like make/model/lease terms, etc.

And of course there’s the standard leasing caveat that if you total the car any money down goes bye bye.

Get the lease terms for whatever model you’re considering, then use the LH Calculator, you can see exactly how much the payment and total lease cost will change depending on how much you put down.

I wouldn’t unless you’re 100% dead on balls sure no theft or total will happen to the car.

4 Likes

I think it makes perfect sense on a high MF. Just like you’d put it down on a finance. It is at risk either way.

Depends if the money Is worth more to you fluid.

Of course, just like a finance

Except with finance you’re not tied to bank for 3rd party sale.

May not be with a lease, either. OP didn’t specify bank.

1 Like

Lease would be with BMW Financial. It’s like a 5% APR essentially.

Assuming buy rate.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.