Should marketplace threads be locked to everyone except the thread creator?

I’ve joked to myself that Jim’s epitaph will say ‘Jim ‘Text if interested!’ lies here’…but then I discovered a wrinkle in the matrix: When Jim says 'Text if interested" it’s not a deal. ‘Text if interested!’ is an okay deal, ‘Text if interested!!!’ is a hot deal.

4 Likes

Sometimes a post of one answers the question for another.

2 Likes

Dream on :stuck_out_tongue: he didn’t use more than one exclamation point during ‘basically free’ tacomathon or tundra-takeover.

3 Likes

It’s almost as if the forum has become like a community where people gain insight through the curiosity and experience of others.

That definitely needs to stop. :clown_face:

5 Likes

Yes… I’d rather it be a multi-directional communication rather than just one person saying 'Look at my HOT deals!!!" followed by fire emojis. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like this?

:fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

Why would we want to limit speech on a forum of all places? We get enough of that with certain TH’ers that are all too trigger happy to landfill comments they personally disagree with. I think we should have less censorship, not more.

2 Likes

Maybe increasing the minimum characters allowed per post would help. If they had to type say 15 words maybe they would just read the previous 2-3 posts instead :joy:

Also I don’t see any brokers erroneously bumping their thread since we changed the rule on that. Editing the first post also doesn’t bump the thread so most people wouldn’t see those hot deals get posted that way.

1 Like

The number of brokers left on LH makes bumping a moot point.

2 Likes

Survival of the fittest

1 Like