Should I wait or pull the trigger on m550i - Norcal

I’ll do you one better - this wouldn’t even need to be a transfer. They will just need to work directly with the dealer and ask them for the same deal since I never finished signing before I got the M5 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m in the same boat as you. My BMW lease is due in October but I’m not pulling the trigger on a new BMW. The incentives are shit on 2022 and the discounts are even worse. It will progressively get better the longer you wait. Capacity will return by this time next year if not earlier.

1 Like

Well, getting into my time machine. European delivery, loyalty, lease cash was probably at 15% off MSRP.

Most of that is impossible in the foreseeable future.

Spec’d a m550i new build at $81,945 MSRP with 5% discount and $750 loyalty. For 12k miles and 36 month lease, the payment is coming out to $1082/month with $3k down.

The delivery timeline is 4-6 months, but not guaranteed. Would you go for this deal or wait it out? Overall thoughts on negotiating further?

1 Like

MF is 0.00133.

40bps added to the rate is like losing 2% of discount

You’re going to be waiting awhile for a lot of cars, but it sounds BMW is having similar supply chain issues as Mercedes, tied to options and packages. As well, they might tell you you can get all the options you want, but once the car is close to being built, they might change that. MB did that to us - pulled Burmester, Hands Free Access, power liftgates, etc from a bunch of cars, resulting in many clients buying something now instead of waiting. Hard argument. Especially on that car - worked a deal for my dad on one two years ago, 9% off MSRP, $82k sticker, plus lease, loyalty and united rebate, was $780/mo with tax. Car was aged on the lot. Residual was strong back then too. Ridiculous deal in hindsight, makes me sad to think that he didn’t take it looking at this market now… I should’ve taken it!! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Don’t mean to derail your thread, every time I see m550i NorCal it reminds me of this one.

I got 5.25% off mine and I thought that tore the dealership a new one, 15% is just not happening

Yeah… seems like a lifetime ago lol
Stacked a ton of incentives and BMWFS was covering the first two payments. Got the full ask for MSD+DAS and it ended up in the NY/NJ area. Good times…

1 Like

Even before covid/shortage, M550’s were usually around 7-8% off MSRP before any incentives. That was considered solid.

No way 10-15% off is happening, especially in this market

Nice car and build, I live very close to where you took the pictures (just across 580) you definitely snatched a unicorn even back then.

2 Likes

The '22 M550i I ordered and is available was $91k+, and the payment was in the high 900s with $5.5k due at signing. That includes taxes.

Sounds like a much better deal than what you got.

1 Like

I am filing this in a “I would if I could” folder. This is, unfortunately, a nice deal for the 550i given CURRENT market conditions.

2 Likes

Nice deal! I ended up getting 6% off msrp but the MF had a markup to .0013. $82k msrp and monthly is $895 with $3k down.

Not bad in today’s market. Is that with taxes rolled in? My MF was 0.00093 and of course had a bunch of incentives after the 5.8% discount. The DAS of $5.5k was not a requirement, but I just wanted to keep the payment below $1k.

Very hard to get buy rate in the Bay area now, most dealers marked up to the max (0.0133).

1 Like

With insurance and tax I’m at $1,059. Def higher than I’d like but fits in my budget and I’m soooo happy with the car :slight_smile:

My first lease and time negotiations and during covid times, can’t complain.

1 Like

Nice deal I got something similar but my insurance is horrible since I’m not 25 yet so paying more obv

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.