Should I sign? 2019 Buick Encore $26k MSRP, 39/10k, $0 DAS, $250/mo + tax

Hey Hackrs! I’d appreciate your suggestions and advice on the below lease offer:

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2019 Buick Encore 2WD 4dr Preferred
MSRP: $26230
Months: 39
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: 0.00042
Residual: 54%
Incentives: $2910 (dealer savings) + $1250 (lease rebate)
Doc + Title: $580
Drive-Off Amount: $0
Monthly Payment: $250 + tax

Link to calculator: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Buick&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=26230&sales_price=23319&months=39&mf=.00042&dp=0&dealer_fee=549&acq_fee=0&taxed_inc=1250&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=54&reg_fee=29.25&sales_tax=0&demo_mileage=0&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&monthlyTax_radio=true

**If I were to buy the car, they said I would get $2910 (dealer savings) + $5500 (customer cash) instead of $2910 (dealer savings) + $1250 (lease rebate) on the lease option.

Thank you!

Yuck. What state is this? Do you have Costco or supplier?

Your “yuck” didn’t sound good… lol

Nevada and I have a basic Costco membership.

The rebate is pretty bad. No loyalty or conquest?

Discount seems alright but it’s difficult to do a ‘good’ GM deal without a strong rebate behind it.

1 Like

You really need loyalty or a competitive lease in the household in order to make this look good. Incentives seem to check out on Autobytel.

Yes, the rebate is pretty lame. What do you mean by loyalty or conquest?

I just looked and GM has an incentive if you’re a Costco member. They’re offering 18% below MSRP for the 2019 Encore. So, if I understand this correctly, the $26230 MSRP should come down to $21509. Adding the $1250 rebate on top of that and things look a lot better! Can you confirm this @chrishs2000 @ElectricEliminator ? (I updated the calculator to reflect this).

Do you have a current lease in the household?

Didn’t you say previously that the purchase price was way more than 18% off?

Most likely that 18% off is going to be a purchase deal, and inclusive of current purchase rebates, not something that can be stacked with lease rebates and programs. That being said the Costco membership may open up some additional dealer cash that is not being accounted for here if you have not mentioned that to the dealer yet. If you have an existing lease in the household (GM or a competitor) there’s an additional $2,000.00 rebate available to you.

No, I’m not leasing currently.

They offered me the $2911 discount + a $5500 rebate if I wanted to purchase, so the selling price would be $17819 (I don’t want to purchase this vehicle). But if I lease, the $5500 rebate goes away and is replaced by a $1250 rebate.

I’d explore other terms too. 39 months is not great for warranty purposes, and its not very beneficial in this situation either for leasing. MF/RV are .00077/65% for 24/10k and .00061/58% for 36/10k. But the bottom line is that without the extra loyalty/comp rebate the deal isn’t going to be great right now. You could roll the dice and see what December brings, and also check to see how the 2020 looks in comparison. I looked at the Enclave recently and the 2019 had tremendous incentives, but the RV and MF were so bad that the 2020 was still a better deal.

Without the $2k conquest/loyalty rebate the 24mo is going to look pretty bad.

Then again I’d rather be in this thing for 24 mos @ 280 than 39 mos at 250…

1 Like

Thanks for the MF/RV for 24mo and 36mo!

The 36mo option is looking slightly better than 39mo. For sure, 39mo is the worst one out of the 3 terms and I won’t even consider that anymore.

2 Likes

Honestly with this crappy of a rebate since you don’t have a current lease, you should be looking at a VASTLY superior CRV or RAV4 which always have crappy rebates anyway.

1 Like

I’m honestly open to nearly any car since this will be just a 2nd car (daily driver). I wanted to lease something for $200mo or less including tax and everything with $0 drive-off but that’s nearly impossible to find. I looked at Civic, HR-V, Equinox, C-HR, etc… Any suggestions?

You’re not getting any of those for sub $200. Search the forums.

1 Like

Fair enough. Thanks so much for your help @chrishs2000 @ElectricEliminator !

1 Like

There are cars <$200 - very few. I think Hyundai Elantra can fit the bill. But I don’t know how competitive NV is. The cheap prices are from CA.
I’ve put together a short list of what I’ve seen being cheap. I guess you can start with this list