Should I sell my 2019 Highlander?

, , , , ,

I bought a new 2019 highlander XLE exactly 2 years ago end of Dec 2019 for $35500(include taxes)
and now carmax offered me for $38500.
I drove only 22,000 miles and had no issue with this car.
I have been looking at brand new 2022 highalnder XLE around $$44K (before tax).
should I sell my car and get a new car?whats your opinions?

Should you leverage $3k in equity to buy a 2 year newer Highlander that costs $10k more plus TTL?

What features does the 22 have that the 19 doesn’t?

1 Like

The fact that it’s a Toyota answers this question.

2 Likes

So then just keep my 19 highlander?

Newer design. Wireless Charging. Apple Carplay?

2 Likes

yes of course

Are you suggesting to keep my 19 highlander?

Hey Dealer! What would you suggest me!
Please need your honest answer sir lol
So basically carmax offered me 3k over what i paid for and then i could buy 3 year newer one but i have to add 9K more to the check.

Fair enough, but is extending the warranty by 2 years, adding CarPlay and charging and a mild exterior refresh worth 6k (or whatever it costs after negotiating).

That’s the question OP needs to answer.

1 Like

Thank you for the opinion! What would you do then?

That’s his choice, correct

1 Like

I’d suggest keeping the equity from the old one and leasing the new one since you likely want a new car every couple years…

$3000 equity basically makes the new one around $500/mo all in on a 44k msrp. Tax tags fees included.

It’s not typical that you’ll have $3000 in equity on highlanders so I wouldn’t factor that into the next equation.

1 Like

Yes of course keep it

See if a Toyota dealer can match or beat. Or a Kia dealer on a Telluride EXP or above.

Then you’d owe very little tax on the new car and the upgrade cost would be minimal.

IDK about all the feature differences but i think LED headlights is a big one.

Plus new tires, brakes, etc and full 36m warranty which will expire soon on your current vehicle.

2021-22 models from reliable brands should hold their value well; all the people who follow those gurus and religiously buy 2-3yr old cars will have the least selection in 2024-25. Yes they can buy brand new for not much more but this epiphany never hit them even before COVID.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.