Should I lease a car with hail damage?

It is quite a lot for a CX-9. @mllcb42 would probably not recommend that car, especially at that price.

If you are looking for a 3-row SUV, maybe @derekoh1991 can help on something like a Highlander?

TFS does tax credit randomly through the year. Changes vehicle selectively per month.
Ally does not do tax credit and US Bank may do tax credit, but the problem is the tax in Texas.

I think the deal with Mazda is a great deal. You should take it.

2 Likes

For having full tax and no incentives it’s not a bad deal. I love mine.

Wait: what?

Is the damage repaired? I’ve gotten more than 2K knocked off for misaligned doors.

Curious why you disliked the car so much? I cross shopped the CX9 GT against a number of cars including the XC90 and X3 and wound up picking it because compared to the rates at the time on the Volvo’s and BMWs it was a much better value, great interior and lots of kid friendly features that you couldn’t get without a custom build (sunshades!).

3 years in I’m still very happy with it, my biggest complaint was seat padding on drives over 3 hours started to fatigue my legs since I’m very tall.

Here’s a hint… :grin:

1 Like

Interesting. I hadn’t had issues with the infotainment and backup camera, by the time I start the car adjust the ac I’m good to go. The Volvo also had horrible entertainment lag at the time. They redid their unit when they released CarPlay so I might’ve had a slightly later generation? By comparison it takes me way longer to change profiles in my wife’s X5 because you have to enter a PIN number if you forget your key fob.

I like the 2.5 row aspect. Its big enough for me to fit 3 kids and 4 adults the couple of times I need it.

For me I just loved the overall interior quality, the kid friendly stuff (throw up looks great stuck inside perforated Nappa leather) and the steering and handling. Doesn’t hurt that it’s a good looking thing either. Not that the Volvo’s are bad.

400 for a hail damaged Mazda? Pass …

Lmao one time I got a dealer to price match a unit that was hailed damaged from a diff dealer and they gave me a new unit with no damage for the same price :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

When is the next hailstorm in MA to hit an Audi or Bmw dealer who keeps the 8 series outside? I will try this trick …

4 Likes

At the time, I had an S90.

The Volvo lag was nothing compared to the CX9. When I say multiple minutes to start up, I’m not exaggerating, I timed it at 2-3 minutes several times. When Mazda updated the infotainment in it, it got better… down to ~90 seconds on a bad day. Even when working the infotainment is miserable though. Maybe if Mazda updated the UI from 2013 it’d be better.

That’s weird. Was yours a 2017? I have a 2018 which was the same hardware they later added CarPlay to. Personally I have no big issues with it and I’m a UX designer so I can be very nit picky. They very closely ripped off iDrive 5 which I had no issues with.

But I wouldn’t let that sway new buyers esp if you prefer CarPlay.

The size for me plus wife and kid was perfect. I’m 6’4 and the CX5 was too small.

Volvo lag isn’t that bad anymore IMO. I love the infotainment and spotify integration, and the layout is pretty comprehensible for the smartphone using generations.

Volvo infotainment lag is 15 seconds at most. Everything on the display is extremely quick and the A.I. voice features actually comprehend quite a bit.

Nothing beats that Audi Virtual Cockpit though.

Right but teleport back in time to 2018, all of those model years had different CPUs and software from what we’re talking about today. At the time Volvo was clunkier (watch some old Savagegeese videos and he whines about it too).

That’s why I’m just saying keep that in mind for a new buyer. I don’t rip on BMW just because of IDrive 1 :wink:

1 Like

Is that 14.5% off of MSRP pre-incentives or after? Have you checked the incentives in Edmunds? You shouldn’t be adding rebates to discounted price like what you did in your calculations (if there is any). I consider a total of 14.5%, combined with incentives, not good at all for a demo car that is hail damage and I think you don’t either because you said 16.7% discounts off of MSRP (combined with incentives) is too bad for a cadillac XT5, not to mention the cadillac is giving tax credits on top of the discounts! which if you add the tax credits to the discounts that would be about 23% discount. Didn’t you?!

My S90 was an 18. The CX-9 was a 17. The s90 was significantly faster.

Volvo aside, something was definitely up with the CX9 then. I just started mine up for the first time in a few days and it was 20 seconds from ignition to fully usable (without clicking and accepting the warning disclaimer). Sounds like you got the bad end of a software update.

It takes time to refine something that technologically advanced. The question is if Mazda is even making those refinements.

That was after the software update too. It was worse before hand.

Slow infotainment systems are a very well documented issue with mazda for years.