“Should I buy out my lease?” super-thread

I think you think too much

2 Likes

I’d lean towards #1 myself.

I think you could get another SQ5 this month if you can do Costco + MSD. No Audicare or S&D in this one.

Thanks - I didn’t know you could extend the lease by 6 mos without pre-ordering a new car

Just called Audi FS and did this for my 2020Q5e (see my ques above). getting to depreciate the car at near zero rate while i decide on a new one with 6 mos more breathing room seems like a sweet deal.

Appreciate you giving me the idea !

hahaha - fair enough

yea… i think this is the default. it’d be easier if the car had the touchscreen but 2020 is the last year without it which is annoying

Did not realize they were leasing well again… will take a look at the 2023 vs. 2020 models to see if any worthwhile upgrades. Have you gotten some datapoints that 6% pre-incentive is a reasonable target?

Option 4 has been added to the list

Yea - it’s def nice optionality - glad you stumbled across the post!

That’s from AutoCompanion’s offers in the NE but I would assume you could get that % in California too. We have quite a few good Audi Dealers here you could reach out.

That’s fair. With loyalty it is $375 month plus $500 broker fee. No shipping or other costs.

Has anyone had an 18 month lease through Nissan Finance with a 12 month turn-in option on their contract and taken advantage of it? If so, what outstanding charges were you billed for? Thank you!

Sorry if this is the wrong place I’m really new. Anyone have any success with BMW turnarounds?

I’m in a 2020 330i w/ 38K miles and my buyout is $28,880.
The offers I get are roughly $25K-$26K

At the very end of my lease, not sure what the best route is.

What does “turnaround” mean in this context?

1 Like

2021 Audi SQ5 P+ with ~27.5K miles on it now. Lease is up in Feb 2024 but starting to think about next steps now. My monthly is $665/ month + audicare with just drive offs and MSDs. Trying to figure out if im going to buy or extend while waiting for better deals. Buyout price is $35K while KBB price when selling is at around $43K. I have to buy new tires now which will cost around $1K. I have two options:

1. extend the lease by 6 months and wait for a better deal
  2. buy out the car and enjoy it a bit more since audicare covers maintenance until 40K miles

Its important to note: im expecting a newborn in Feb 2024, same time as my lease end date and I definitely dont want to deal with getting a new car etc during that time.

Would love to hear your thoughts!
thanks

Hi All,

Have a GLC lease ending. Have a few questions.

1. Can I get financing outside of the dealer?
  2. What happens with the MSDs. Do I get a check after the buyout?
  3. Is it possible to still bargain on the quote of the buyout ?

Thanks

Too early to make any decisions now. See if anything really compelling pops in mid to late December.

Otherwise extending your lease or buying your car are probably your best options while you’re busy with a newborn.

1 Like

Yes.

That depends on how your lessor charges you for the buyout. If the MSD is netted against the buyout, then there’s nothing for you to get back.

No. What you see in your online account is what you pay. If the price is above market value then don’t buy it.

Thank you for this

Thanks. I was a bit on the fence regarding the tires cause the end of lease is so close, but i dont have any other option atm. I can buy used ones but the savings are not a big deal.

Buy brand new tires.