“Should I buy out my lease?” super-thread

That equity only exsist if someone will give it to you.
So what can you sell it for online (not kbb trade value)? What will BMW give for it? Where will that leave you after buyout?

You seem to only have half the equation. It comes down to how much time and work you can/want to put in to it. So reach out to BMW and see what kind of deal you can get on a replacement, then see what they’ll give you for the trade in. Then you’ll know where you’re actually at.

Ah I see it. I didn’t know there was any equity in a Chevy Equinox. Go figure

Why no online offer??

“Online offers are based on recent appraisals of similar cars, and we haven’t seen many like yours lately. For your 7-day offer, stop by your local CarMax”

Interesting since I don’t think the features in mine are particularly unique.

More than likely since it is a Merc, and your local Carmax might still have the No Merc Rule in place.
I got the same message on a Hyundai, and when I went in they pointed to the sign that said no leased Hyundais

I would have to try again and see what happens.

This looks a no-brainer? Buy out and then sell to Carvana for $7600 profit.

Seeking advice on the buyout of a 2020 Mercedes GLC 350e 4matic with a lease set to expire in early August.

Current Mileage: 15K miles out of a 30K mile lease.

Our intention, if we decide to buy it out, is to keep the car rather than reselling it for simplicity. Overall, we are fond of the vehicle.

However, our primary concerns revolve around its quality and reliability. We have experienced two instances of week-long diagnoses for issues with the PHEV battery, which has significantly disrupted our daily schedule (such as transporting our child to DC). Additionally, we have learned that problems like engine oil leaks and gas leaks are common occurrences once the car is out of warranty, and the repair costs can be substantial.

We would greatly appreciate any suggestions or insights regarding this matter. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Buyout is less than residual??
How does that happen??

MBFS doesn’t want it…lol

It is not worth to keep the car out of warranty. Just sell/trade it, and get the new one.

If a bigger problem occurred during out of warranty, then your vehicle would be almost worthless.

I believe Mercedes doesn’t have any 3rd party lease buyout restriction, so you can sell it to online/offline dealer.

Thank you for the insight!

Considering the current high interest rates, we are uncertain about the financial viability of initiating a new lease. Our tentative plan is to hold onto the car for a few years until the interest rates become more favorable, and favorable lease terms are available.

Hackrs,

I am considering buying my 2021 Volvo XC60 (lease ending in October 2023) - based on the advice of a few of the experts on this forum. We had purchased the Volvo “excess wear & use lease-end protection plan” at the time of signing the lease - that covers up to $7,500 of excess wear charges. Is there any way we can use this plan to get repairs done on our car before we buy it out? (Or does it only come in play if we return the car back to Volvo?)

Also, would having this plan help in any way when buying the extended warranty?

I know this is a long shot and the answer to both is very likely no. Just checking in case I am missing something.

Thank you!

:point_up_2:t2::point_up_2:t2: it only offsets a bill for excess w&t after disposition. what are you concerned about?

Steingold Volvo can sell you an extended warranty. My parents just bought 2 and their local dealer had a comparable plan they accept for quite a bit less. Don’t be afraid to shop around. But the w&t you bought was only peace of mind, we’ve all been there. :man_shrugging:t2:

I did this recently.

1. Autonation can buy your bmw. Get a quote from them. There is an Autonation BMW dealer in Fremont. There are also autonation dealers (not necessarily BMW) in Redwood City.
  2. Go online to carmax and carvana , tell them its on loan and get a quote.
  3. I ended up buying my car and selling it before the sales tax was due. Details in the link. But my life would have been easier if I had known about the other recommendations.

You can extend the warranty if you want to.

Search the various Mercedes forums such as MBWorld and Benzworld.

1 Like

How do you buy before the sales tax is due???
I think you are having a wet dream.
I’ve bought out 3 leases? Acura, BMW and Jeep, all 3 would not sell without collecting the sales tax.

Maybe your state doesn’t have sales tax??!
That’s possible.

So I took my car to a vw dealer for a buyout. About a month ago I got valued 23k-25k. There’s 17,779 left on the car. I had plasti dipped wheels and had a hell of a time trying to remove stubborn areas on two wheels, even with a pressure washer. Used car guy then noticed two of my doors with the color a little off from when it got keyed and I had it fixed. Even though the collision center had it matched. They also said VW credit charges dealers $500 for purchasing from them. Don’t know if that’s true or not.

Tried to give me $2k for it but I wasn’t having it. Long story short they ended up giving me $4,500 for it.

I’ve been reading here that you don’t get charged dispo fees but it was listed there printed in the contract. Don’t know if I could’ve gotten more from them but after 11.5 hours of trying to get off dip, I just wanted to be done. Lol. Just thought I’d share my story.

In CA if you sell within 10 days of title you can ask for the Sales Tax back.

Leased a 330i M sport back in July 2020 and wondering if I should buy it out and drive it for the time being considering how high it seems lease prices for BMWs are right now.

MSRP:$49,095
Monthly payment: $445 (including tax) 3k drive off
Residual/buyout price: $28,991

Car has 21,500 miles. I’m in California so I’m going to have to pay the sales tax as well.