“Should I buy out my lease?” super-thread

That’s a hard pass IMO. That money would be better spent financing an Impreza or Forester or HRV, etc.

1 Like

Oregon 97219. 3 year lease ending in a few weeks. Should I buy it out, sell it, or return it and negotiate a new lease? MF are up so I am anticipating a higher payment. Payoff is $46,326.80.

How could you ever answer this question without knowing what the car is worth?

You should definitely sell it or buy it or return it.

5 Likes

Dam was hoping for forester

He who shall not be named is running a Titan/Armada group buy. 13.5% off.

7 Likes

I can find you one

1 Like

Voldemort has the beat deals.

1 Like

Give us something good. Tired of seeing all of these soccer mom hauler specials. :joy:

1 Like

6 months ago these were TRX flips :joy:

I know…insane. :woozy_face:

Better looking and more fun for sure, not sure about the “deal”.

Nice.

Are there good Mercedes forum?
Any recommendation on Mercedes extended warranty discount?

Thanks!

MBWorld dot org

I would check around. My business partner has the same XC60 with 36K miles at 36 months and he did get some equity off his new lease. So definitely look into that. Dont know what they paid you for that lease protection but I have leased cars more than 20+ yrs, never bought that. Way ahead of things and in most cases minor stuff waived anyway especially if leasing again same brand.

Thank you for the replies, everyone!

So with the Equinox, the $219 price was from one dealer who had that listed on their website ($219 a month for 39 months). I don’t want to link to the ad here, unless it’s allowed.

Truecar has $346 as the average price of a lease: 2023 Chevrolet Equinox Lease Deals & Specials - TrueCar

The trim package that I have is LT.

I’ve tried to get numbers from dealers over the phone and through email. and all have refused to tell me anything more than “you have to be here in person to talk…”

I was really leaning toward buying the car I have now, since I might have to pay $2,500 in mileage fees, put at least a few thousand down, and then make at least 6,000 in payments over the years. Y’all are starting to scare me on the idea of buying an Equinox, though. I just want something reliable, if this car becomes a headache at 100,000 miles I obviously don’t want it.

Hi, can I get some guidance on bmw leasing terms for selling the my leased car? Is it even possible? Any recommendations on if I should just extend my lease?

I have a 2020 bmw 330i lease ending this Sept. Still have 6000 miles to go. Payoff is ~$26500.
Very good condition. Lease payment is $370.xx after tax. Based on what I’m seeing, used cars with similar mileage are selling at 28k-30k range.

I’m based in San Francisco Bay Area.

its a good payment, call BMWFS and see if you can extend or look around at AutoNation and BMW dealers who can buyout and possible get an equity check (doubtful based on your #s)

1 Like

2020 Leaf SV with 12,000 miles, buyout is $20,000. Better to buy it or return and buy/lease a new EV with the many incentives (buying in NJ with 0% sales tax, but wouldn’t get the charge up since I’m likely not staying for 2 years). Do qualify for $7500 fed rebate.

a leaf for 20k? bleh That’s pretty much the selling price for one