“Should I buy out my lease?” super-thread

I’d like to get a great deal, high MSRP low payment

The KBB was thru codycarter Toyota site…got a Tacoma from him in August if he can match the value provided by his site I might be inclined to another.

I’m open to any car that’s a deal,had seen integra deals on here, g70sport, etc but not sure how much they would offer for my trade in …Codys site is very transparent

I pay $350 a month for my GT line K5 2021 about to reach 12000 miles. I did zero due at signing.

Cody’s uses Edmunds, so I don’t know where KBB comes from. (Edmunds is an estimate as well)

Extend the GT Line for a few months.
There are no ‘fun cars’ for that kind of money right now. An Altima is but that’s not a fun car (Per your list of cars you want).

When a deal on a fun car appears, grab it and then sell your Kia. BTW you know that most places won’t take a leased Kia but a Kia dealer right? (Or @Anthony_Lopez , he does it at DSR)

Thanks for the mention.

You can use the link to my form to get a buyout purchase quote on your Kia here…

https://dsrleasing.com/lease-end-buyout-leasehackr/

My wife’s lease is up in May. X4 2020 residual is $31k. Dealer is pressuring us to get into a new X4 (of course) for $125 more a month LOL. Exploring options, but I believe due to the market situation I will keep the X4. How do you all get rid of the dealer junk fees to buy the car? The dealer is asking $799 doc fee and is non negotiable. It is a ripoff obviously but not sure if I go directly to BMWFS at the end of the lease this can be avoided?

You hire a broker )who does it for free usually) OR you keep spending hours trying to convince that dealer to not charge you OR you go to another dealer.

Go into your BMWFS account, generate a payoff quote, and get the instructions. In most states (you didn’t mention where you are) I think you can still mail payment directly.

See also

1 Like

If you’re in So Cal, I can help with your lease buyout and there is no fee. Just contact me directly at dave.townsend@bmwofmurrieta.com

2 Likes

I’m trying to either finance or lease 2024 BMW x6 m60i
MSRP: $100,345 (dealer is willing to do 2% off)
FINANCE: $30k down payment 60 months
APR: 6.1%

I’m a daily driver but only drives about 5-6,000 miles annually

Please help!

Seems reasonable to me. A low mileage 6cyl X3 should be fairly worry free for next several years. Believe you can still do a direct buyout through BMWFS in MA (I was able to about a year ago) instead of having to go through dealer but you can confirm when you pull a payoff through BMWFS.

Why did you post that in this thread?

Oh wrong page haha sorry

I am in North Carolina, I leased from GA, but I guess that doesn’t matter.

My 2020 lease BMW 300i M Sport $441/mo payment w/ 0 down at signing is up :frowning:

I already extended 2 months. Seems the market now for new leases for a similar car will lead to to around $600-$650/mo.

Buying out the lease doesn’t seem to make sense either due to depreciation + further depreciation.

Not sure if it’s best to just turn the car in and wait it out until the market for leases takes a turn?

Anyone in the same spot?

Ok - asked for a quote from Carvana and got " Your Carvana Offer - $32,404"

" Leases can be tricky

We love buying cars from our customers but BMW Financial Services policies prevent Carvana from paying off your current lease, which stops us from purchasing your car. This bums us out too."

Breaking down your offer details

Offer amount

$32,404

Lease payoff amount

• $27,162

Payment to you

$5,242"

My lease buy-out is * $27,162 - so are there taxes/fees I will have to pay on top before selling to Carvana?

Not sure if this is worth it.

Depends on what state you’re in

California!

No tax that I am aware of. Not sure about the Fee from BMW. I would assume Carvana should cover it.

My lease is coming to an end in a few months and I noticed that the Q5 hybrid plug-ins are going for ~$47k and my residual value is ~$27k… I didn’t put any money down and I agreed to a 30,000 mile lease. I currently only have ~13,000 miles on it. Paying $650/month w/tax.

My thinking is I can buy it out at the end and flip it, then just go lease a different vehicle. But this would be my first time doing this. I want to make sure I’m not missing anything and that this makes sense to do in California. I have a place I could off-load the vehicle within 10-days that would give me an excellent rate.

Thoughts?

How much equity is in the q5?

I’ve paid about $16k into at this point. Plus a $500 Pirelli tire replacement lol.