“Should I buy out my lease?” super-thread

:unamused:

Take an hour to get 3rd party buyout quotes online and confirm if you are leaving money on the table, and how much.

1 Like

Both Carvana (25800) and Carmax (26400) are offering right around 26K via a quick online check—but with those I’d have to pay the taxes on the 21880 I owe b/c I’m loaned out thru GM and they don’t allow 3rd party sales. So I’d owe around 23800 instead of the 21880…meaning I’d clear around 2200 which is less than the dealership is offering.

Have you submitted an EquityHackr request?

1 Like

I have not. Where would I do that?

Here

They will make even MORE money by letting you comingle it and hide some nasty fees in there.

Thanks! I just put in my request :slight_smile:

Two quotes are not enough. You need to click on every link in there for your region and paste your VIN

2 Likes

Number 6 on the list I sent

Are not paying top dollar currently

It was clear someone else had to say it…

1 Like

Try AutoNation, Penske or sonic dealers near you. They can facilitate buyouts through their GM stores. Also try other large GM stores near you to get quotes from them

2 Likes

There are no Penske or Sonic dealers within like 200 miles of me. I put in a request for auto nation and was also told they can’t work with me b/c of my location. I’m not driving 200 miles to get a quote.

You do the simple, you google Chevy dealer , look at the ‘Brand’ (Autonation / South Shore / Penske) and then find a local Brand store (If not a Chevy Dealer) and see if they will offer you on the car

1 Like

Hey, I have a 2019 Prem + Audi S5 lease coming to end March 15th. Looking to see if what I think my best option is makes the most sense. My lease is with VW/AUDI financial. The disposition fee is $500. The residual value of my car is $37,290. The current payoff is $36,132. I am thinking of extending the lease for the full 6 months allowed by Audi but unsure if buying out the vehicle is more cost effective. This will put me at a new lease end by September 23’. I have used Carmax, Algo, and Cargurus which show I either have little no equity in the car, or a small loss. The offers were $37,000, $37,200, and $33,641 respectively.

I love the car and wouldn’t mind buying it out but with interest rates in the 5 to 6%'s I’d probably be paying way more monthly than my current lease. I’d like to seriously reduce my auto payments since I no longer drive 70 miles a day, rather 2 miles for work. Additionally, theres a baby on the way and may need something more practical but this is not yet a major factor for me to get rid of the car yet. If I were to lease another vehicle I’d hope for something with no money down and monthly around $300. I could use the cost savings for other things in life, but leases are few and far between right now in that price range.

To summarize, I’m thinking of extending the lease another 6 months from here, and possibly financing the vehicle at the lease end if another lease that interests me is not yet available. Is this the most feasible and cost effective option, or is there a better option I may have missed?

Sell it for whatever equity you can get plus the saved $500 disp.

Look at the Marketplace for your next lease.

1 Like

Does it make sense to return my 2019 530e (20k miles, 33k buyout) and switch to a 2019 X3 (37k miles, 31k price tag). I will miss the hybrid plugin but I may need more trunk space with our first kid due in June.

Do whatever makes financial sense, but I ditched my 5 series as soon as our first kid was on the way and didn’t regret it. But at $33k buyout I can’t imagine there’s much equity in that? Have you gotten any offers for it yet? When is the lease end date?

1. What’s the 530e worth?

2. You don’t need an X3. Try to stick with a hybrid or PHEV, but it may mean another brand if the 530e isn’t worth buying at RV.

With 33k buyout there isn’t much liquidity left. To get pre-owned 530e in similar mileage, the lowest I found is 36k.

Audi Financial Services
Audi Q5:
Disposition date: Mar 20
Residual Value : $27,415
Monthly Payment: $575
State: CA
I don’t need need a car till Aug 2023. I will start looking for a new car then, so unable to decide whether to buyout or sell it to a 3rd party. Request your advice.

Can you please suggest the best way forward?

1 Like

This one is simple- you can get 6 month max extension with AFS. You can cancel anytime before the 6 months without penalty. And do your research in the interim on what kind of potential deals you might be able to get.

Depending on miles, there may or may not be any equity. My 2019 had 15600 so there was (out of 30k).

i already extended for 6 months, its 2019 Q5. What is the best way to sell the car?