“Should I buy out my lease?” super-thread

Thank you. Will check them out.

how many miles are on the car?

27000 miles

Carvana money is likely not going to come since they are in bad straits. Take the $1000 and walk

1 Like

I’m coming up at the end of my lease here in a couple of months, and with new car prices being relatively high along with my residual being $27,600 and the car only having 25k miles, I figured my best bang for the buck would be to buyout the lease and ride this car into the ground.

I’ve been having trouble trying to find out if offers like Loyalty, USAA, College Graduate discounts could be stacked and used for the buyout? If so, do you have to go through bmw financial or can you go through any lender to use the discounts?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Probably not. Most of these offers usually apply to new car purchases and not lease buyouts.

1 Like

I have a 2020 Hyundai Ioniq PHEV SEL with 9350 miles and a buyout quote of $18344. I’m paying $149/mo with 14 months and 20650 miles left. I got the buyout quote from Hyundai Motor Finance’s website. I think it includes the remaining lease payments in the purchase price, but could someone verify this? And is this a good price?

1. It will include all payments as of that day (the buyout is dated)
  2. Yes it’s a good price, $18k for a 2020 Ioniq, you could even just sell it to the Hyundai dealer and make some money if you want to go that way
  3. $149 month? Wow you could extend that and still be ahead. You don’t have to buy it out now

Caveat : If you are in CA, they include ‘sales tax’ which is not sales tax. So they double tax you on buyouts only.

1 Like

Thanks. That’s good to hear that the remaining lease payments are included in that buyout price. And I forgot that I could extend the lease :grin: I might do that to keep it til the end of college. Glad I got this before the prices went crazy. All thanks to Leasehackr forums.

Make a decision closer to lease end

1 Like

Throwing this out there so I don’t miss anything, made my last payment on my 2022 Bolt 2LT with adaptive cruise and Bose. Payoff is $20220 plus tax of $1781, this is the residual on my 2020 that I swapped it for. Right off the bat I feel like I’ve got at $3k or $4k of equity(more if sell myself). Obviously the fed tax credit, state credit of $2k in CO and Uber money will have an effect on resale but availability is limited(6 month wait for an order on 2023). I think the used tax credit will help prop up values.

So my plan is to buy out my 2022 and place an order on a 2023, should have ordered one sooner but really wasn’t thinking about it. My napkin math on the 2023 by the time I cash out equity on my 2022 this summer and all the tax credits/uber and maybe supplier puts me in the $15k range on the 2023. Thoughts fellow hackers?

1 Like

Lease buyout-
2020 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited
Residual Value-$29,7XX
36/12,000
Current vehicle mileage-20,000

Carvana and Vroom had offers between 40k-41k

US Bank. So I would need to buy it out myself in order to sell

Only problem is searching for a new vehicle. Availability of Highlander Hybrids I’ve considered are hard to find and pricey.

Wife has a 3 year lease on MB GLB with 40k miles on it ending in March. She is paying 500 p/m Payoff is 28k and she is over miles by 5k. Carvana is offering 29k and dealers are offering 23k-24k.

Should we:

Sell to carvana along with one of the options below
Pay it off
Extend the lease
New lease
New purchase new
New purchase pre owned

She wants another MB or similar (audi, etc…)

Any deals out there?

Whats your payoff amount?

Payoff is 28k. All dealers telling me we are under water by 5-6k

Take the 1000 from carvana and run?

Hello, my lease on a 2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited is going to end in April 2022. The vehicle has only 15k miles and is in excellent condition. Buyout option is $30826. I was told that the vehicle is not worth more than $25k so it would be better to turn it back. Need your expertise advise here…

Is it leased thru ally or ccap? If it’s ccap you can sell it without buying it as long as it’s not ending in 60 days

Edit: I read it wrong

If it’s not worth over 25 and buyout is 30
Just turn it back in

1 Like

What trim is it? Have you gotten online offers on it yet?

Says who? Id get more appraisals done but a lot can change between now and then.