Should I be concerned if dealer listed wrong mileage on odometer disclosure at lease turn-in?

I returned my unicorn 2018 330e to my local dealer yesterday after a two month extension, it was a great car and I was sad to bring it back. The dealer performed a final inspection and had my sign off on the odometer statement on an iPad while back inside the dealership. It looked about right as I knew I had ~ 16k miles and I wasn’t near the car when he had me sign it.

This morning out of sheer boredom and curiosity, I opened the new My BMW app to see if the car was still connected to my account. Sure enough it was, but the odometer reading stood out to me as the actual mileage on the car is about 500 miles under what the odometer disclosure he had me sign noted (Car shows 16292, Odometer disclosure was 16789).

I’m likely over thinking this, but is this anything I need to reach out to BMW to have corrected? I’m way under miles (allowable miles was ~ 29k), but I don’t like having signed something that I can now clearly see was inaccurate.

I’d let it go, probably not worth getting into it. I’m sure our legal experts will say something else

3 Likes

Haha - I have a legal background myself, likely why I’m even concerned in the first place but by no means an expert in this field.

1. If you are under the allowed, then no issues
  2. Maybe the service dept went for a 500mile joyride?

and I’ll ask again

1. ARE BMW Dealers certified to do inspections? Or is still going to another inspection?

I had an Autovin inspection (actually two of them from Autovin since I extended), but the dealer insisted on doing it at turn in as well. Not sure why.

1 Like

I was under the impression that some dealers are “self inspecting” as in authorized by BMWFS to do it, but not all BMW dealers have that ability.

So far from what I get from this statement.

• It’s not going to Auction.
  • The dealer is not an official inspector (TBD) but if they are going to sell this car, they want to make sure it passes their inspection.
    I still think they went on a 500 mile joyride to Vegas.
1 Like

To be fair, they haven’t gone on a joyride yet. I can see the car is parked in their garage at the dealer :slight_smile:

1 Like