Shortages Affecting Auto Production: Semiconductor, foam, etc

Yeah, I’m going off memory from when I received customer orders.

They renamed sensatec too. Don’t understand how you can think it’s okay that a 70k+ BMW doesn’t even have the option for real leather.

i keep all my plates with sticker. proof that’s how many cars i have gotten yet

It was available at the very beginning of MY 2023 but no word yet on when or if it’ll be returning.

1 Like

Does it feel any different? i had real leather in my m340 and have sensatec in my x5 and cant tell the difference…also i was reading the real leather may be gone till the facelift for next year

Nitra, Slovakia is not affected (Defender)

2 Likes

UK auto production started collapsing well before the COVID-19 pandemic. this occured at a time when US auto production was largely stable. I’d suspect another consequential event in recent British history might be more to blame for some of the production issues.

Better access to EU (and for now US markets), cheaper labor, cheaper land and utilities. Not much surprise why this is the plant they dedicate more resources to.

TL:DR - blaming chip shortages is an easy way to continue their ongoing gradual reduction in UK operations.

1 Like

The main reason here is they keep churning out the most popular trucks: Defenders in Slovakia and RRs in the UK.

1 Like

Extended merino returns to the X5 40i for January allocations, as does the luxury seating package.

2 Likes

Good to see, I figured it was gone for good till LCI.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/supply-chain-shortage-car-automotive-titles-11670770079

1 Like

I been waiting for my South Dakota titles since October and they told me February :clown_face:

1 Like

BMW i4 eDr40 and i4 eDr35 are experiencing M sport shortages, so it’s not an option unless an order was already input about 2 weeks ago.

1 Like

Reviving this - sorry, but it’s important!

Currently, there is no executive package available on a 2024 BMW X5 40i or a 2024 X6 40i, only premium.

2 Likes

what does this mean?

1 Like

god, pour one out

40Oz Pour One Out GIF

5 Likes

Not as tragic as 24 iX 50e losing air suspension and integral active steering.

1 Like

It means that if you wanted soft close doors, heated and cooled cupholders, or like my friend, the LED sunroof, you need something that’s already built.

2 Likes

Toyota’s domestic production had been on the rebound after a series of output cuts it blamed on semiconductor shortages. Output was up 29% in January-June, the first such increase in two years. ​ Its Japan output averaged about 13,500 vehicles daily in the first half of the year, Reuters calculations showed. That excludes vehicles from group automakers Daihatsu and Hino.

1 Like

I say it was ransomware and it will take 24 hours to load from a backup.