Shortages Affecting Auto Production: Semiconductor, foam, etc

Workers of the world unite!

No, not like that!!

1 Like

Your vendor dumps poison into one lousy sewer, suddenly you have 45k trucks stuck in WIP

Sell them without the badge so people can’t say the problem is circled.

3 Likes

You’d think the enterprising pull junk yards would be on the phone with Ford like

Pay Day Money GIF

4 Likes

GM is trying to create more battery supply using old batteries, and Canadians

:canada::recycle::battery:

Lets not pull a mitsubishi again please! No used parts at all

Every Ford will have a dozen recalls and TSBs - both of mine were great but had something to fix or update every single oil change.

I was thinking the other day that we haven’t seen a hungry Mustang try and eat a crowd recently. They must have bred that out of the Mach-Es finally (the ones whose OTA updates were not bricked / fixed in TSB)

Hilarious :joy:

Two lines at Honda’s Suzuka plant in western Japan will cut production by about 20% in October, while its assembly plant in Saitama prefecture, north of Tokyo, will lower production plans by about 40% for the month.

1 Like

Wo ist mein Auto??

operators have been told by the Port of Bremerhaven there is a severe shortage of H&H (high and heavy cargo) drivers and roll on/roll off drivers to move the incoming automobiles. Military exercises have absorbed a fair amount of terminal space usually reserved for operators.

There are also currently not enough ocean vehicle carriers, a situation which has led shipping line Wallenius Wilhelmsen to refuse export bookings to the U.S. for the months of October and November, and possibly December if waiting hours pick up again

:cry::de::santa::red_car:

4 Likes

Will be impactful, but BMW and VW make a good amount of their stuff in the US. Couple the Bremerhaven port issues with potential energy cutbacks in Germany in winter and certain models could be constrained.

1 Like

BMW Group Plant Dingolfing – Dingolfing, Germany

• BMW 4 Series
  • BMW 5 Series
  • BMW 7 Series
  • BMW 8 Series

BMW Regensburg – Regensburg, Germany

• BMW X1
  • BMW X2

BMW Leipzig – Leipzig, Germany

• BMW 2 Series
  • BMW i8
  • BMW i3

BMW US Manufacturing – Greer, South Carolina, USA

• BMW X3
  • BMW X4
  • BMW X5
  • BMW X6
  • BMW X7

BMW San Luis Potosí – San Luis Potosí, Mexico

• BMW 3 Series

Magna Steyr (Contract plant) – Graz, Austria

• BMW Z4

Once in a blue moon you used to see a German 3 series allocation, where diff colors are avail, but I’m not UTD on that info.

2 series coupe (G42 and the upcoming G87) is also made in Mexico.

2 Likes

Couple of my ford orders, Maverick, Raptor R, Transit work vans are all delayed for some plan constraint or another.

2 Likes

You say that like you’re a dealer :joy:

Respect :saluting_face:

2 Likes

$ to $ cars I’ve bought, sold, brokered. I can probably be a small dealership lol

2 Likes

X5 question.

A friend is considering a 40, but won’t take one if it doesn’t have leather, which appears to be currently unavailable (at least when you try to build a new one).

She doesn’t really want the hybrid and likely won’t spend the money on a 50. I’m intentionally avoiding this debate with my question, because it isn’t my decision and m’lady knows what she wants.

Is the absence of leather as an option on the 4.0 because of material shortages, or is it just not something BMW has ever offered on this trim?

Her timing is extremely flexible, so if leather may be coming back in the 40, we may just wait.

1 Like

You used to be able to get Vernasca but the absence may be shortage related

2 Likes

Thought of the post reading about the English economic turmoil This morning. Going to be ongoing upheaval/supply chain issues as manufacturing departs the UK or adjusts to the new normal there.

1 Like

I think Vernasca leather is gone and merino is not available due to shortage

1 Like