Share my experience of being completely ripped off by a custom ordered 2021 m340i

Stick to cat-back and you’ll be fine. Easier to revert back to stock.

1 Like

It’s called the meme lounge :joy:

3 Likes

I installed an AWE track exhaust on my leased Audi S5 and had no issues. Obviously Audi wouldn’t cover the exhaust under warranty. I just stored the OEM exhaust and swapped it back on at lease turn in. I would only install something meant specifically for that model since random exhaust set ups can throw a CEL.

As for MPE, I would still go the same route if I couldn’t get it installed at the port and on the window sticker. Keep the original and sell the MPE at lease end. And being an OEM bolt on, there shouldn’t be any warranty issues.

I prefer to make vroom vroom noises with my mouth and save thousands.

7 Likes

Thank for your input to the calculator. The is my updated calculator for the 2nd dealer.

For the calculators in my original post, the monthly, drive off and MSRP number are correct. I did not pay attention to MF, incentive etc.

You didn’t pay attention to any of the important part and just made stuff up until you got the output to look right? Why even bother with the calculator then?

3 Likes

I would suggest request you get your VIR from your dealer and it should show status 111 if accepted with MPE (code ZA4) or your back at square one going by the salesman “promise”.

2 Likes

$800 a month for a 3 series… Down bad for a 3 series.

Amateur. I download vroom vroom noises on my phone and play them via bluetooth on the car speakers.

2 Likes

I prefer to spend thousands because it sounds awesome (the burbles on downshifts are from a tune, so ignore those)!

3 Likes

I mean… https://www.bmwblog.com/2020/09/07/change-the-active-engine-sound-bmw/

1 Like

The M5 started adding synthetic engine noise in 2011

Entering a second decade of audio make-believe

1 Like

Really doesn’t even sound that great. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Good catch. I checked with the 2nd dealer and they also only promised dealer install rather than port install. The 2nd dealer knows my incident with the 1st dealer and seems very confident about MPE. I guess I won’t see the code ZA4 in production. Worst case I can deny again. :skull:.

@wam22 the sound is amazing! Pure happiness generated from the sound itself.

1 Like

Speaking of which, does anyone know a pedestrian way to code an X3, or any BMW, to stop playing the interior engine noise, or is it too much hassle to be worth it?

A dealer told me there was a way but I never looked into it…said it would improve the audio quality for music.

1 Like

Bimmercode is probably your best bet or check out the X3 forum on bimmerpost.

3 Likes

Back in the day all you needed was the right cable off eBay etc. to hook up a laptop to the OBD port.

1 Like

BimmerCode (ASD module) is what you seek. OBD cable with a lightning adapter or any Bluetooth BimmerCode supported adapter will work.

Message me if you’d like and I’m glad to walk you through it.

1 Like

Guess I must be the only one that likes ASD. Really made the i8 such a fun experience.
I think Lexus introduced this on the LFA, as the exhaust note was audio enhanced in collaboration with Yamaha.

MPE is worth every penny, definitely transforms the entire driving experience. You can not tell anything in video compared to IRL.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.