Seven Passenger SUV

Looking for recommendations on a 7-passenger luxury SUV to lease. It seems like the money factors on the ones I’m most interested in, coupled with the lack of discounts, are leading to outrageous payments (GLS580, Escalade Sport, Range Rover LWB). I found a 2024 EQS450 (7 passenger) that I considered, but the numbers on it compared to the identical 2023 (which had good numbers) were outrageous. My current lease is up in June so I’m on a time crunch, and I don’t see interest rates coming down between now and then. I won’t put any deposits down because I don’t think that’s wise just to bring the MF down a bit. The lease is a write off, but I don’t wait to throw money away just for the sake of a write off. Any recommendations?

1 Like

Put the time in and know how to use the LH calc (Wiki) to know what lease payments should be for your desired vehicle.

PS, it isn’t always just the MF/markup…a lot of vehicles have low RVs and no incentives that make for ‘bad’ leases.

Thanks. I should have mentioned, I’m familiar with the lease calculator. I’ve leased about a dozen cars. But I’ve never leased during such an awful climate. And yes, the residuals on these cars are terrible too. The GLS580 has a 53% residual on a 10k/36mo lease. The MF is .00290 on it, which is equivalent to 6.5%. All of this coupled with the fact that no dealership is willing to discount more than $10,000 on a $118,000 MSRP leads to outrageously high payments (close to $2,000 a month). So I’m writing to see if perhaps someone can recommend a luxury seven passenger that I may not be thinking of.

Those are all awful vehicles to lease, and I wouldn’t be expecting much if you’re firm on them. Lease prices today are nowhere near what they were last year or the years before it, so get them out of your head.

An X7 could be an option.

There’s still 2023 EQS 3 row around. Not sure what the monthly you’re looking for, you should be able to get 2023 EQS for $700-800 monthly. For ICE, check MDX, infiniti QX60 or Volvo XC90. You can also wait for Rivian sale :stuck_out_tongue: .

For full-size luxury, X7 is probably your best bet. QX80’s used to have very attractive lease deals but I think they removed lease support on the 2023’s, but if they haven’t, I would look into that.

What’s the thinking here or what was your calculation here that caused you to come out of the gate stating this? Considering your after a class of vehicle that doesn’t historically lease well you need to be able use all the levers available to turn the deal slightly back in your favor. MSD’s are typically one of the best risk free returns of your money going and are strongly recommended on this forum in most cases.

1 Like

A few GLS450’s floating around at non “outrageous” payments along with the X7. The Range Rover and GLS580 are pay to play cars, and definitely purchases not leases.

1 Like

But it’s still way less than a GLS, RR, or Escalade isn’t it?

They stated it’s a business lease. The value of tying up the money in MSDs probably isn’t worth it to them.

I just posted a deal on an EV9. Money factor is like 3.6%

While EV9 is nice, I doubt it will pass OP’s luxury requirement.