Service Cost Hacks?

Service can add to the driving cost. EV’ no service maintenance? I was just reading Motor Trends long term tests, their GLC Merc $281 for an oil change and tire rotation at 10K miles. Their Honda HR-V $75 for the same. Volvo gives you the first 3 free? Range Rover Sport TD6 $895! So any hack for such Highway robbery? Well, the Honda is reasonable, sort of.

I think BMW and Jaguar include maintenance. Can’t think of any way to hack if it’s not included though unless you could service at a independent shop

Or add to the deal? I’ve read a few free oil changes thrown into a deal.

With my mom’s E-Classes, we usually do two year leases. Service intervals are roughly once per year or every 10,000 miles, whichever comes first. We manage to time the first service (Service A) so that the second, pricier service (Service B) isn’t required before turning the car in.

Also, I look for service coupons on different Mercedes dealer websites and ask the local dealer to honor them. Service A usually ends up being $200 or so.

It’s definitely worth negotiating into your lease upfront. Like @Azure said above, it’s often (or always?) included in Jaguar leases. I triple checked before signing for my F-Type. For other models, it can be added in to the lease upfront generally for pretty cheap. It was $99 on my Genesis lease.