šŸÆ September BMW Thread - 2018 BMW ALPINA B7 Lease Takeover - 10k DAS - Zero MSD - $695 / month inc - 164k MSRP

530E - X1 - X3 Models continue to lease well this month!

Man that green is niceā€¦

4 Likes

Depending on season, Typical range for a fully loaded (160k plus with minimum drive off) B7 is about $1500 to $2100 a month. Averaging the $10k downplay into 23 month, the $1130 monthly cost is indeed still quite good (even the car is near 20 month old).

If there is no issue with the car and adding GAP insurance to cover the $10k risk over the term, this would be one of lowest monthly payment for a B7 with this much options. Beginning of this year, I went for my 19 B7 (168k window, Velvet blue) with $1590 plus tax (9.75% and first month as drive off) and added tire/rim insurance. There was one offer from other dealer about $60 less a month but I passed the deal to thank the original dealer who spent great effort to arrange dealer swap for car with preferred Velvet blue and extra night vision option. To thank the other dealer in Irvin. I did buy a good pen and stopped by showing appreciation.

Out of curiosity, I thought lease transfer will keep the original contract which should be much higher than $695. How to make BMW accept transfer with $695 monthly payment?

3 Likes

large down payment up front reduces monthly, in your situation put down 15-20k at signing and the payment goes down to $700-$800. Itā€™s just a simple transfer after that.

1 Like

In lease transfer, down pay goes to seller as incentive. BMW USA does not involve in cash portion, they only swap names in original contract. My previous ride was 18 M5 and she was lease transferred to New Jersey. The lease contract was kept the same except name change. I did provide certain incentive as mine was with 30 months left and high MSRP. The incentive was paypaled directly.

what is your question here? I just answered it, and in your next post you pretty much answered your own question as well.

1 Like

I think youā€™re confused. The payments are low because the original leasee put down a huge down payment to have the low monthly payment. Heā€™s now trying to recoup most of that down payment.

1 Like

@CaliforniaLeaseDeals, Out of curiosity what are these guys looking to get or already picked up that they are getting rid of these monsters?

Grill too small and they are upgrading to the 2020 big mouth grills?

Owner of these vehicles works at the dealer.

Sorry for the confusion. Now I think you meant the owner does has the lease contract at $695/month and he had put down big down payment to reach $695?

If so, it was my bad that assumed there was no big down payment because I see most people would put down full MSD in stead of down payment.

I had only done higher down payment in my first E63 lease quite a while ago trying not to irritate wife with too high a lease paymentā€¦:slight_smile:. Now I all try to put down as little as possible.

Haha These guys are car guys so this is not their only one!

yes they put down big money at down payment which is a no no, now they are trying to get some of the money back.

1 Like

alpina b7 is a sweet car but I feel like until an m7 comes out itā€™s overpriced, the s63 is louder, faster and more refined. however itā€™s as close to an m7 as whats out there, these are definitely sweet cars though and can be enjoyed from the front as well as the backseat.(canā€™t say that about very many cars at all)

1 Like

My partner test trove my B7 and kind of changing impression on BMW (he drives Cayenne S and lease is near end). He was looking a 2019 7 series. I told him now is a bit too late they are mostly gone. I think if the owner is considering discount more on down pay, it may have chance he would be interestedā€¦:slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah very nice car, probably the best lease in the segment, a s63 is 2k+ a month, the s8 doesnā€™t compare well. Definitely worth it if you can swing the cash.

1 Like

The guy works at the dealer his just trying to make a quick flip. Iā€™m 100% sure this is an employee deal.

3 Likes

that would make sense, you think he got 695 @ 0 down tho? just curious

1 Like

I leased a 18 E63 wagon last Oct. and it was a wonderful car except the suspension was quite firm. I saw my wife and daughterā€™s expression for 3 weeks and took hit to switch to M5.

I myself love both E63 and M5 with the more raw sensation in power output. Meanwhile, I do really care if I can also enjoy great family time in the car. M5 is a better daily car but daughter still complain about it. 6 months into M5, I came across this B7 and she gave me a thumb up and I lease swap M5 and went for B7. Itā€™s 0.9 second slower 0-60 (2.6 for my M5 with a small tune) than M5; however, it is now a well balance solutionā€¦:slight_smile:

The thing is bright green. Thatā€™s got to be worth another 5% off as it sits with that crazy high sticker. Employee deal could get 40% off I bet. Hell I got 35% off my $95k 740i

It can not be $0 down. My guess is at least around 12K down to get to $695 level. I think that he maybe also got additional discount since he works at dealer. Otherwise the down pay should over $15k.

1 Like