"Selling price" on the calculator?

I’m a little confused on what number to plug in there. A video I watched said to plug in the invoice number from Edmonds but the advertised price on the dealer site is about $5k less than that.

If I’m supposed to use that lower selling price, should I leave off dealer lease cash?

Thanks.

Have you read the calculator FAQ?

1 Like

You should plug in the pre-incentives sales price. Have you gotten an offer or trying to see what a deal should look like?

I’m just trying to see what a deal might look like. This is what I’m looking at. I’m assuming that a sale price like this is only for financing and not leasing, no? Screenshot_20200516-175016_Opera|236x500

It depends on the dealer but many of them will include purchase-only incentives there. Some will even include incentives that not everyone qualifies for. The price they are advertising is discounted 18%, which is way too high to not include incentives.

Generally advertised prices like that include every incentive ever possible. I’ve even seen it include non-stackable incentives.

Your far better off ignoring dealer advertised offers and doing research on the vehicles instead.

1 Like

OK thanks. Just so I’m clear, invoice from edmonds goes in the selling price. Lease cash goes in the untaxed, and veteran’s “cash” is in taxed?

No, invoice from edmunds is irrelevant.

2 Likes

So is there a way to get a close estimate without getting actual numbers from a dealership?

Look at deals other people are getting. But if you don’t know what an average selling price is, contact a few dealers.

Also I think lease cash is usually taxed.

Do research on here for comparable deals to determine a target pre-incentive discount price.