Selling NMAC lease to a non-Nissan dealer

Hello all. I’m an infrequent poster but a long-term lurker. It seems like there have been mixed stories as far as selling / trading a Nissan lease with NMAC to a non-Nissan dealer.

I have a friend who is trying to accomplish this right now but is having difficulty getting a dealership to take the vehicle for the current buyout price. The issue is that all of the buyout documents, buyout quote, etc. all make reference to processing the odometer statement, transfer of buyout funds, etc. via Nissan’s remarketing platform. As this isn’t a Nissan dealership, they don’t have access to any of this.

The dealership also doesn’t want to get stuck holding the bag in the event there are issues with title release.

Nobody on the NMAC customer service line or dealer assistance line have been helpful whatsoever. Does anyone have any recent experience with selling / trading a NMAC lease to a non-Nissan dealership?

I am in the process of selling my leased Nissan to ALgo. They made it super simple. They’re paying the buyout, they will handle all the paperwork, I signed a few forms online including an odometer statement, mailed 2 forms with an original signature via UPS overnight air (they provided the label) and someone should be calling me by tomorrow or Wednesday to arrange for pickup, and that’s it. Couldn’t be more hassle-free

My Infiniti payoff was posted to my account 2 weeks after Vroom paid for some reason my payoff is reflecting differently on my dashboard. My account hasn’t been closed yet either so I’ll have to call and get it figured out.