Selling Nissan leased through NMAC

Hi,
I’m currently leasing a Frontier thru Nissan Finance (NMAC)
I want to sell it to CarMax, but they said Nissan is not allowing the sale of leased vehicles to third parties at the moment. Does anyone know if / when Nissan will ease up on this?

Its been years, so expect more years

4 Likes

Most likely never. Nissan had some weird restrictions even before all the Covid stuff. Your best bet is to find a Nissan dealer or an autonation dealer who has a Nissan dealership under their umbrella.

3 Likes

Thanks. I just hit up an AutoNation / Nissan dealer about 45 min from me. We’ll see what happens.
I’ve got 7 payments to go. Daughter just started driving, so we don’t need the extra vehicle.

Not sure if you drove there or reached out directly to them, but you can do an autonation instant cash offer on the autonation website. See if the price is the same.

Did not drive out there. They’re 45 min or so away from me. We were texting back and forth. They want to do an appraisal first. I’ve got 7 lease payments to go. I’m prepared to make no money on this. I’d be happy if they just covered the remaining payments and I walk away. Not even sure if that’s possible.

Is there an Infiniti Dealer closer? They can buy it too.

If this a recent frontier lease, its highly unlikely to happen. The leases are almost entirely rent charge, so the buyout is basically msrp the entite life of the lease.

1 Like

Inifiniti not close to us unfortunately.

Not recent. I’ve got 7 payments to go o n a 2 year lease. Maybe I’ll hang tight until the end. We’ll see…

Did you try Equityhackr?

Will give them a shot. Thanks :+1:t3:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.