Selling leased Hyundai to Algo. Issues with 3rd party dealer buyout number

Have anyone recently sold leased Hyundai from HMF to any 3rd party dealer?
HMF doesn’t want to provide a quote without a sales tax.
This is what we got from Algo- the 3rd party dealer/buyer
Is there any chance that the sales tax will be refunded by HMF?
Is this legal to collect sales tax when they sell the car to used car dealer?

TIA

more likely they decided they dont want to buy the car out since they wont see title from HMF for 3 months.

Algo wants to proceed. Algo will pay to HMF sales tax too. They sent the contract. Now we are waiting for pick up …

1 Like

I sold my Hyundai to a Volvo Dealer for Payoff + $300 (Lease Term Fee).
No Tax

Don’t know why Algo has to do it the hard way.

How did You get payoff number without sales tax and when this happened?
It is recent change i think.

I went online and showed them the document

And I did Kia this month and no issues.

1 Like

We did the same thing and gave them this letter but Algo wanted to have 3 way call with HFS
For some reason

well that’s there choice.
Looks more like they want to ‘steal’ the sales tax for profit honestly.

Hyundai will sell to any Legit Dealer for Payoff. Even Carmax (Who won’t buy it per policy)

2 Likes

HMF doesn’t want to provide payoff without sales tax for 3rd party dealer. We spoke to 4 different reps. This is the problem.
BTW . I do not think Carmax buys Hyundai leased products at this time unless something changed.

Hmf doesn’t want provide a dealer with a payoff or they don’t want to provide you what a payoff amount that would apply to a dealer?

Keep calling and you may get a knowledgeable agent who will provide correct 3rd party payoff.

This!

Algo was on the phone with us. We did a 3 way call. No single HMF rep wanted to provide dealer payoff.

You are not the first.

1 Like

That is true.

They will only provide the

• Total Payoff including Tax
  • The TAX AMOUNT by itself

If your dealer cannot subtract tax from total, well they are trying to steal it.

Not true. They do provide buyout without tax, if you are lucky to get the right person on the phone.

Well you seem to be able to find the loopholes. I just called them and they pulled the whole 30 second spiel about how it’s against the LAW to tell us that number. But he was well willing to give us the Tax Amount.

The LAW of Kia of course, not the State / federal / county / city laws

No loopholes. Took a few calls though. And it was my clueless relative who got it done with my instructions.

That must’ve been fun for the dealer right there. Keep hanging up and calling back.

Nah. I posted this story like 3 times already. First time they got payoff with tax and went to Carmax who was ready to buy. I told them not to sell and call HF again. They did, got payoff w/out tax, went back to Carmax next day, called from there and HF confirmed (the correct payoff was on their record).

oh this is linked with how you got Carmax to buy a Hyundai, and I went 2 days later after your story and got turned away since it was a Hyundai lease. You got the touch to make the loopholes open up.