Scratched 2021 Q5

, ,

Does anyone have advice if there is about $600 in quoted scratch damage to a 2021 Audi Q5 bumper and fender done by parking too close to a stone wall? The lease just started so probably want to get it repaired now as opposed to waiting until the end of the lease to get a quote from Audi. I have the wear and tear package. Any idea if this will be covered? Also can I get it repaired on my own or do I have to tell Audi and work with a body shop Audi recommends? Any help or direction is much appreciated.

Read the stuff you signed to buy the wear and tear package at signing. Depends on provider, etc.

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like

Either way that doesn’t solve the issue of the scratch now. I’d have to wait until the end of the lease. Looking for advice on how to address the issue now if I want to fix it

There are a million different w&t scams (oem, leaseguard, zurich…). Read your contract. You bought it for the peace of mind and frankly, my friend, your mind does not sound at peace.

Read what you signed and make a decision. The internet can’t do this for you.

4 Likes

post a picture of the damage- if it’s scruff marks- maybe a high end detailer can make it less noticeable. But without a point of reference, only you can make the judgement and know what’s in your contract. Wear and tear mostly likely will waive the charges for repairing it, but I’d be pissed if it was day 1 of my new ride and have to look at it until lease is over.

1 Like

Will read my contract but looking for someone to respond that has an Audi and has gone through this experience that can provide helpful insight

Just get it fixed on your own if it’s not covered. No one can tell you what’s in your coverage so someone else’s experience might not matter. Read the policy and make a decision to either chance it or fix it yourself.

Personally I couldn’t even deal with that on a leased car lol, I’d want to get it fixed just for my own sake. I would hate to look at that on my car.

2 Likes

Here is the only picture that leasehackr will let me upload due to size

I’m covered for anything under $1000 but I’m 2 months into the lease. I don’t want to look at this foe another 2.5 years

You can get it repaired at any licensed shop.

You don’t have tell Audi.

Are you in the metro NYC area? I can recommend a couple shops if you are.

You are correct that a lease-end waiver for this damage does you no good here.

2 Likes

Doh! I would call your local Audi Dealer and ask the preowned sales manager who they use to repair their bumper covers for the used cars. If they are cool. they will give you their name and you can reach out directly to them and cut out the middle man (aka Audi Service).

Unfortunately, it will be out of your own pocket.

1 Like

$600 to fix that doesn’t sound so bad. Fix it and enjoy your Q5 for the rest of the term.

No kidding. I’m shocked that’s not a lot more.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.